Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #1

SUN #12365
NeedToCamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Help for replacing tail lights on 2006 Solaris T-2553

Hi gang,
I have a 2006 Sunline Solaris T-2553. I just took it out of storage and realized that both license plate plastic on the left tail-light bracket broke. So I went to my local RV place and of course they don't have any rounded-edge tail lights. So I bought 2 new ones (one for left and one for right). Only the wiring is different
The OLD left tail light bracket had white-to-white, red wire from RV to black wire on the lamp, and two green wires twisted from RV side tied to the green wire on the bracket side.
The NEW only has insertion connector holes labeled: 2 holes labeled "TAIL" and 2 holes labeled "STOP/TURN".
Can I find a wiring diagram for my camper, or could someone let me know how to wire this thing?
Thanks
/Loren

Old 05-24-2021, 09:42 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Loren,

Hopefully this will help.

The camper wire colors in the wall are these for the left and right tail/brake/turn lights.

White = 12 VDC Negative (ground) Both on the LH and RH side

Green = body lights/tail lights/running lights. Both on the LH and RH side

Red = Left turn signal and left side brake light. Red only on the left side (driver side)

Brown = Right turn signal and right side brake light. Brown only on the right side (passenger side)

The tail/turn lights have a dual element light bulb and the brightness of each element is different. The brake and turn element light will be brighter then the running/tail light.

In your case with the new push in wires, you said.

Quote:
The NEW only has insertion connector holes labeled: 2 holes labeled "TAIL" and 2 holes labeled "STOP/TURN".
The "Tail" light holes gets the green camper wires to power up the lower brightness element for running/body/tail lights.

The "Stop/Turn" light holes gets a red wire on the left light fixture and the brown wire on the right light fixture.

This link will take you to Etrailer.com which has some wire colors for the 7 wire RV industry standard pin out. https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

Scroll down that page until you get to this picture

In the center of the picture, under 7-wire RV standard, is the wire colors Sunline used on your 2006 camper that will show up in the back wall.

If you want to exchange the lights you bought for direct replacements, here is what Sunline installed. The Bargmen lights have the pigtail wires like your originals.

For the left side
Bargmen Tail Light w/ License Bracket - 5 Function - Incandescent - White Base - Red/Clear Lens Item #*30-92-003 Here is one place selling them.
https://www.easternmarine.com/bargma...cket-34-92-003

For the right side,
Bargmen Trailer Tail Light - Stop, Turn, Tail - White Base - Red Lens Item #*30-92-001 Here is one place selling them. https://www.amazon.com/Bargman-White...02311304&psc=1

I buy from both Eastern Marine and Amazon amongst other parts places. With Covid going on right now, RV parts pricing is nuts and all over the map if you can even find some items. Eastern Marine has the left side at a more reasonable price like they use to be, but they charge freight and it can be minimal on something this light in weight. But for some reason, I cannot find the right side light on Eastern Marine. Amazon has both left and right, but the pricing is at least 2X what it was before Covid hit.

I just went though buying a set of lights like you are trying to replace and most places I used to buy from, are out of them or the cost is worse the Amazon even.

The Peterson brand which it seems you might have now, is close in size and shape, but they have the push in wire connectors and I really do not like them. The push in's are not as positive as the pigtail wire nutted and then capped with silicone'ed to keep water out method Sunline used. But the Petersons will work.

Hope this helps,

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote