Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-24-2023, 01:02 PM   #1

SUN #13884
Heatherdmc is an unknown quantity at this point
Ghost camper

I find it very interesting that I cannot find any information on our kind of camper. It is AT1660.
A sixteen foot single axle 1985 sunlight anniversary edition. I am glad that a manual (with limited Information) came with the camper when we bought it.
I sure would like to know how many were made and if I could find out what number mine was.

Old 10-25-2023, 07:03 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Your 1985 T-1660 does show up in the 1985 brochure in our files section. There is some good info in the brochure on all of the 85 campers.

In case you did not know about our FILES section, see here for how to get to it.

To get to the FILES section, you have to be logged in. Look up top along the forum for the words "FILES." That is a tab; click it. Then select the area you want to go to and can read on for hours, days, maybe even weeks...

See the brochure section, then scroll to 1985 and download a copy.

As to how many T1660s were made in that year and what number yours was in the build quantity, that is a tough question to answer with Sunline now not in business. Member Sunline Fan may have some more insight on this; he is our resident older Sunline camper guru, but the exact number of T-1660s made may not be known.

I hope this helps a little.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 01:03 AM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Heather,

It will be impossible to know how many of your trailer were made. If you send me your VIN, I can elaborate on where it fit in the production year. Otherwise the actual Sunline production records no longer exist.

In my years of experience, I've only seen a handful of your floorplan. It's a variant of the more popular T-1661, which I believe ran for more years than the 1660 did.

What makes it especially difficult to determine how many of yours are out there is that from the outside, they probably won't look any different from a 1661. When Sunline would offer a mild floorplan swap option like this (common in the '80s), many times it would result in a window change- regular dinettes usually had a taller side window next to them which would have to be reduced for a back of a couch cushion. In this case, it already has a shorter window due to the L-dinette on the 1661. When the dinette moves to the front on the 1660, the window size is still limited to the angled wall size and the exterior rock guard.

I should note that just because the floorplan is rare, that does not at all make it more valuable.

Also, your T-1660 will be mechanically identical to the T-1661, and many other similar Sunlines for that matter. The differences are in wood pieces; all the electronic, plumbing, and other components are the same between trailers.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 02:35 AM   #4

SUN #13884
Heatherdmc is an unknown quantity at this point
just because the floorplan is rare, that does not at all make it more valuable

Thank you for this comment. I love the idea that it is sunline plated as an anniversary edition and is all original, but I also see changes I'd like to make but don't want to devalue it either.