Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-12-2023, 10:12 AM   #1

SUN #13736
Twilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New Member with 1983 T1950

We purchased our Sunline last summer. Pretty much in great shape. I'll post pictures soon. We were familiar with the camper since some friends were selling it, and they had been using it right along.

We are not interest in "restoring" it, but making it usable how we want it. Hope that doesn't get me kicked out of the group. Lol!
It's going to be a second camper for our adult kids to borrow, as well as for my parents to use when they are visiting.
This week, actually, is its first time out with my parents in it. Looking great and loving the coziness.

My husband removed the gas stove, as well as the water heater. Both were rough. We do not plan on replacing the propane, but we left the lines just in case. We added an electric 4gal water heater, and have replaced all the waterlines.

Hoping to get encouragement and experienced suggestions as needed. 🙂

Old 07-12-2023, 03:32 PM   #2

SUN #10986
Tinstaafl is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the group! I have a 1999 T-1950, and for its size, I don't think you could do much better in terms of layout and general usability.

While it's always great to see a nicely done restoration, there's nothing at all wrong with "making it your own". You won't be shunned here for doing that.

One suggestion: While it sounds like you anticipate mostly having shore power available rather than running off battery, you still might think about replacing all of the incandescent light bulbs with LEDs if that hasn't been done already. Not only do they consume way less current; they run much cooler. Less heat to deal with in hot weather, and less chance of melting the light covers with extended use, as we see quite often in older campers.

Old 07-12-2023, 03:50 PM   #3

SUN #13736
Thank you for that suggestion! I forgot to mention that the previous owners had already done that for us. It truly is a great way to save on the electricity usage!
We already found that adding an electric water heater takes up some amps, so that gets plugged in separately, as well as the AC. More tips appreciated!
Old 07-12-2023, 03:55 PM   #4

SUN #13736
Thank you for that suggestion! I forgot to mention that the previous owners had already done that for us. It truly is a great way to save on the electricity usage!
We already found that adding an electric water heater takes up some amps, so that gets plugged in separately, as well as the AC. More tips appreciated!
Old 07-12-2023, 06:03 PM   #5

SUN #10986
Tinstaafl is an unknown quantity at this point
About the only major modification we've done to ours is an axle flip, which gains a few extra inches of ground clearance. Highly recommend that unless you're just going to be using it in pretty tame areas. It's no fun to scrape bottom on a deep road/driveway dip. Of course, doing that means you need to carry a small stepstool or extend the entry steps if you're at all physically challenged.

Also replaced the OEM showerhead with an Oxygenics brand. Much better!

Whereabouts in PA are you? We're a stone's throw from Harrisburg.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:03 AM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Twilson!

The T1950 is a popular Sunline. We have 2004 T-1950 that we did restore close to the original due to major water damage in the back of the camper. The ceiling board is a close match; the bedroom wallboard is different but blends in well with the 2004 wallboard, and the new shower surround is a different style due to being unable to get the original which we liked better. And in the restoration process, we upgraded several areas to make things easier for us. A new, better power converter as the old one died, rearranged the water heater and pump access, an axle flip for more ground clearance and other suspension upgrades, a 2-step entry step, plus other small enhancements learned over the years. Our family uses it and is heading with them this weekend.

There is no shaming here on Sunline Club for modifying your Sunline. It is "your" Sunline, and the personal touch is always welcome. We have lots of folks who have made modifications to theirs with pics.

We are a helpful bunch willing to share and help as we can. Just ask for help is and when the time comes.

Happy camping this season.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
1983, t1950