Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-24-2020, 08:47 PM   #1

SUN #11791
East on 72 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member and need a bit of help

Hi everyone! Scott here. I'm new to the board and have an interest on a Sunline TT. The current owner is out of town until April and I wont be able to get up to Vermont to see it until May. I just want to get as much info as I can on this unit before the time comes. Current owner says its a year 99. Photos show that its a Sunline Saturn (rear decal looks like it reads "Saturn"). It has the same layout as a Solaris T320 SR. I cannot find much info on a Saturn let alone anything on a Saturn with this layout. Can anyone help me out with this? Also, is there anything I should look out for when I go to check it out? I pretty much cannot wait til May gets here!
Thank you for your time.

Also would like to know what is in that far cabinet with the mirrors. Is that for a TV I assume?

It has the full rear bathroom option

Old 02-24-2020, 09:59 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Scott!!

Welcome!

Not sure where you found the Saturn series on that large slide camper. If it is a 1999, and by quick look it does seem to line up with a 99, then it would be a Solaris. Which is a higher grade model. The sliding door option was only offered on 2 models of the Solaris slide room campers. The T320SR and the T360SR.

To help jump start you, have you found our brochures section? You can download a copy of the 1999 brochure that lists a lot of good info on all the 99 models.

To get a brochure, you go to the "FILES" section of the forum. Look at the top of the forum for the tab called "FILES".

See here

Click the FILES tab while logged in, go to brochures, then scroll to 1999 and download a copy.

That is a large camper, 32' 11" long. Empty it weighs around 6,500# but could be more pending the options it has. It has a 10,000# GVWR. There is a weight sticker in the camper of what it weighed when it left Sunline.

If you planning to tow this camper from campsite to campsite, you ideally will need a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup to tow it when you get it loaded and go camping in it. If you have a 3/4 ton SUV, or van, we need to check which one you have if it can work. That big of a camper will not fit well in most any 1/2 ton pickup, the rear axle rating is not large enough when you load the camper with camping gear.

There are some things to learn about before you go look at it. These are the same for any used camper.

Water damage being the biggest one. This does not mean do not get it, but to know what you are getting into and the price should reflect water damage accordingly. Just because the owner does not see any signs of leaks inside, does not mean it does not have some level of water damage.

This post can help on a good tool called a moisture meter and how it can help you inspect the camper. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...per-17613.html

And here is a post on how to look for slide floor water damage https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...eck-11086.html

There are other things to look at, condition of the roof, tires, suspension and other things, but that should help get you started. Feel free to ask away on questions.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #3

SUN #11791
Hi John! Thank you for the reply and very informative info!
Yes I've checked out some of the info you speak of. The moisture detector is definitely on my list of things to get. I wish I had things like that on my previous trailers. It's been been 12 years or more since my last RV.
I've also read on here about the floor on the SR so I will surely check that out as well. I dont plan on pulling the trailer. I will have someone doing that for me and will be taking it to my seasonal site where it will stay. The truck size reference will be helpful in the future for if I decide to pull it myself.
As for the model of the trailer, it's very much the Solaris T320SR but I'm still puzzled at why the rear decal reads "Saturn". Cant be a Saturn. I blew up the photo so yall can see what I see. Its blurry but it looks like it says Saturn to me lol.
Thanks so much for the help and the info on this forum! If I do take on this trailer, I will definitely be checking more on this forum!
Scott

Old 02-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Scott,

H'mm, the Saturn thing. Well I see the blurry pic, and it does look more like Saturn then Solaris.

That does not seem to add up. Our Sunline history guru, Sunline Fan may be able to explain this. Or Sunline just made a goof and put the wrong decal on the back. I'm not sure. Something seems a miss on the Saturn part.

Good luck with your quest to get your favorite Sunline. Let us know how you make out, and any more questions, ask away.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #5

SUN #11791
Thank you John! I sure will.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Scott,

You have a 1997 Sunline Saturn T-32SS, likely built in the first half of the model year between June and December of 1996. The interior color is Mountain Green Floral. The 32SS was basically the same thing as the T-320SR- the slide models were re-numbered the following model year when they became part of the SR & Solaris SR series.

The cabinet with glass doors you mention I believe is just a storage cabinet, a pantry if you will. It's been about ten years since I was last inside a '97 32SS, but I think it's only about 12" deep. We have a member of the Facebook group (who is also a member here) rebuilding the same year and model due to water damage right now, and he was recently in the process of removing this cabinet. I don't think this model specifically had a TV cabinet unlike some Sunline models- there's a wall mounted TV shelf in the bedroom that you could turn a small tube TV on to be seen in the living area. Also, you could put a TV on the large counter behind the kitchen sink. Of course with flat screens now, you have many more options.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #7

SUN #11791
Awesome! Thank you Sunline fan for that info!