Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-29-2022, 11:42 AM   #1

SUN #13206
CaringFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking New member and 1st time camper owner with questions

Good afternoon. I'm so glad there is a sunline club that has all the info and advice I could possibly need. (And perhaps can offer with general ecperience) So I was gifted by a friend I consider a sister a 2001 Sunline T-280SR. She bought the camper from a dealer that is now out of business used in 2007. The original owner bought it from sun line. Had it delivered to a park and never titled it. She bought it after it was traded in at the dealer only being used a handful of times by the original owner and had it delivered to her now home and lived in it from august 2007 until april 2008 while they were building. It has since been parked in her brand new barn which was built before the house and other then needing a good cleaning and tires it is prestine. Of course mice got into it so I have been checking electric, plumbing and gas lines. I have helped friends rewire their campers and owning a farm myself I have wired more then my fair share of horse and cattle trailers but i'm afraid I may be a little overwhelmed with what I need to check to ensure this beauty is safe. I have never owned a camper. I have always tent camped or set a cot up in my livestock trailers. It has a ton of options and a massive 8ft. Slide out. Roof and floor is mint. Its outside now and no leaks or mold anywhere, just lots of barn dust and mouse poop. What should I be checking on this to ensure its safe? And also does anyone know how to get a certificate of origin? Its never been titled since it was built, I have the book and the info from the dealership for its inspection, weight, options etc. But no certificate of origin. The dealership it was purchased from closed its doors in 2018 and as you all know sunline went out in 2006. I think I need the cert to register it here in Massachusetts. Any advice/opinions are welcomed and greatly appreciated. I'm so excited to have this amazing camper I can't even tell you 😁😁😁

Old 04-30-2022, 07:57 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome CaringFox!

Congrats on your new Sunline! The T280SR front kitchen model is a poplar one and a really nice camper.

You have two questions, lets takes the one that may be the more complex one, the title.

The Sunline campers did not give out a certificate of origin that I know of, they where big enough to be a titled vehicle. Small trailers, yes they have a certificate of origin, but your 2001 T280SR camper is an 10,000# GVWR camper, its a lot bigger.

I must say, this has not come up before of a never titled camper this old. But I have had to deal with boat trailers before in a similar situation. I can only suggest this, go down to your local BMV or whatever they call it in your state for vehicle registration and ask how to deal with this. The good news, you do have a VIN number, a make, year and model. Make sure you take that with you and a bill of sale ideally, and something that say it is yours. Have the friend make out a bill of sale for say $20 so it's enough to be a sale and see what they tell you. Each state handles this different.

To the next part on the camper and is it safe, tell us what you have done so far and or plugged in. How many years has gone by since it was last used?

There are many things to check out, consider making a new post in the maintenance and repairs forum and ask away. This could get a little big for an introduce yourself post.

Hope this helps,

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote