Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Forum Admin & Site Help
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-10-2023, 07:33 AM   #1

SUN #13701
KimS is an unknown quantity at this point
My first trailer

Hi, Kim here.
I just purchased a 2005 Sunline camper. I am trying to get a manual for it. The only thing I know is the model is TL Sole and I have a VIN#. Can anyone help?
I'd like to buy a battery for it and not sure what it requires.
thanks for any assistance

Old 06-11-2023, 04:01 AM   #2

SUN #402
flbradjr
Hi and Welcome. At the top of the page Go to Files. Then Brochures. Now Search. Happy camping. Batteries. Lots of choices. I have 2 six volt Golf cart batteries. Or 12 volt deep cycle. Or a 12v car battery will get you going. Better advice will follow from the club members
Brad

Old 06-11-2023, 06:56 AM   #3

SUN #13701
Thank you Brad!
Old 06-12-2023, 06:27 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Kim!

This may help. I'm not sure where you saw the model as TL Sole, but it may be as the Sole campers were special and only made for the 2004 and 2005 model years. Since you said yours was a 2005 model, see here in our files section for a brochure listing the three different Sole models. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/d...o=file&id=5519

By chance, is the TL a 25 RL? A typo on the T?

Now to a manual, in our FILES section, we also have camper manuals that fit a range of years.

To get to the FILES section, you have to be logged in. Look up top along the forum for the words "FILES". That is a tab; click it. Then select the area you want to go to; in this case, Manuals, and you can read on for hours, days, maybe weeks...

A heads up, RV camper owners' manuals are not like automobile owners' manual that gives exact instructions on almost everything in your auto. The camper owner manual talks more in general and things to help you along the way. For the actual appliances, there are owners manuals with very details info on them from the manufacturer of the appliance. We have many of those in the files section too. If your model is not there, give us the make and model no. on the appliance, and we can help search for it, too, then add it to our files section for future help to others.

You are also welcome to ask any questions about your camper. Just create a post in the appropriate forums and ask away. We have many areas already answered in an old post, but we have no problem asking questions you need help with.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:45 PM   #5

SUN #89
To your battery, The sole was offered in 3 models, with only the 27BHSS model being a bunk house with a slide room.

I'm assuming you do not have the 27BHSS model; if so let me know as that could change the size of the battery due to the slide motor drive.

The non-slide models generally came with a group 24 deep cycle lead acid battery and case that would fit on the trailer A-frame behind the LP tanks.

Do you already have the battery case and no battery, or are you missing both? The reason for asking is if you already have the battery case, we need to back into what size the battery will fit in the case and be the right type.

Before I type a bunch that will not fit what you have, let us know if you already have a battery box and if by any chance you have the old dead battery, tell us that also.

Look for a brand name on the battery box and any part number molded in the lid. If there is nothing, measure the bottom of the box's length, width, and height. And on the battery, if you have one, take a picture and post the tag on the top OR let us know all the sizing numbers on the name tag.

If you have neither a battery box nor a battery, let us know what type of camping you want. Will you be plugged into shore power all the time at the campsite, OR will you want to go off-grid and do what we call boondocking with no shore power? Going occasionally boondocking, one or up to three times a year for two nights each or so, can be done on the smaller standard-size battery. But if you are going to do a lot of boondocking, then getting a larger capacity battery now can help.

Sorry for all the questions; we are just trying to help you buy a better choice for the way you want to camp and not have to rebuy a battery case if you already have one, as we picked the wrong size battery.

Hope this helps

John

Old 06-22-2023, 06:42 AM   #6

SUN #13701
Hi John
Wow, you really gave some great advice. I am going to the trailer today so I will look for all you asked. I'm pretty sure there is a battery box. Thanks for all your knowledge and help. To be continued.............lol
Old 06-28-2023, 06:39 AM   #7

SUN #13701
Hi John,
Here is the info on the battery box, does this help to advise what battery to purchase.
NOCO Snap-top battery box fits group 24 size batteries.
Kim
Old 06-28-2023, 10:59 AM   #8

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimS View Post
Hi John,
Here is the info on the battery box, does this help to advise what battery to purchase.
NOCO Snap-top battery box fits group 24 size batteries.
Kim
Yes, what you will need to fit in that box and for your camper is,

A group 24 deep cycle lead acid battery. This is the standard size Sunline would use. Lead acid battery is the cheapest technology and is still a good choice. This will serve you well for about 5 to 7 years, with routine battery maintenance.

That size and type will do well if you camp with shore power hookups and maybe occasional short off-gird campouts.

Make sure you look for a deep cycle or RV marine deep cycle type of battery. A starter type of battery is "not" what you want.

Walmart does sell one that will work; Johnson Controls makes them for them. https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...-MCA/180350522

I'm not pushing Walmart, but I have bought and used them. Other brands may have a longer than 1-year warranty, but the cost increases. Some auto parts stores also offer deep-cycle batteries.

If you are going to go seriously off the grid or consider adding a lot of solar power on long campouts, let's talk; there are other options for larger sizes.

Hope this helps

John

Old 07-07-2023, 10:48 AM   #9

SUN #13701
Hi John,
Wanted to let you know I did purchase the battery. Hooked it up before we left the river. I see if it's still working when I return this weekend.
thanks again for your help
Kim