Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Travel Forums > Trips & Vacations
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #1

SUN #1030
paulr
Who's been to fort wilderness campground at disney?

Hello all, just wondering who has been to the fort wilderness campground at disney? Just wondering what the rv park was like and how pricey it is.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #2

SUN #809
ihsolutions
Paul, we have not been there but I did my research on it and had booked a site for our stay this past January. We ended up going to a resort because they suddenly offered a "Buy 4 nights, Get 3 Free" which negated much of the cost advantage of camping for us, since we were coming from Michigan.

I want to say it was around $75-80/nt, that was a premium site with full hookups. All the reviews I read on Ft Wilderness were very good. There's a lot of stuff for kids to do, and it's pretty close to Magic Kingdom which is nice if you have small kids.

We'll be taking our new Big Horn (oops, SOB) there this November, the week before Thanksgiving, which is traditionally a VERY slow week.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
ihsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
I stayed at Ft. Wilderness many years ago with my T-2653. I loved it, not the cheapest place to camp, but the convenience is wonderful. They have made quite a few improvements since I was there. They have good programs for the kids(if you have any). I know prices sound high, but to stay right on site, have , have early access to the parks, use the park transportation makes it all worth it.

I want to go back sometime. Disney is not just a place for the kids. Honestly, I think I enjoyed it more than my son when we took him (he was 5 at the time)

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #4

SUN #973
DianeScraps
Send a message via Yahoo to DianeScraps
I was there about 10 years ago, we stayed with my inlaws in their Class A. It was a very nice campground, and very convenient access to the park and other Disney stuff.

We are hoping to take our kids in 2011, unless another option blows them away price and recommendation wise, we will be staying there.

1999 T2970 Sunline, Retired 2015

Current Camper is a 2016 Starcraft 28QBS
DianeScraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #5

SUN #2304
Billy Milko is an unknown quantity at this point
i am a member of the Disney Vacation Club and i am home based out of Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. it is a really great time share to have.i was never one for that sort of stuff but Disney is a real good one. If you join you get to use Fort Wilderness also,i can reserve a premium campsite with my points that if i was paying cash it would be equal to about 300.00 bucks for the week. i have enough points that we can stay there for about 3-4 weeks depending on the season.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #6

SUN #973
DianeScraps
Send a message via Yahoo to DianeScraps
We did go to Disney/Sea World this past Christmas - New Years break. We ended up not taking the camper, and going with a Sea World deal. That timing seemed to be very hard to get campsites, and very pricey. We got a 'penthouse' suite, that easily could have slept 7 with two bedroom, pull out sofa and 2 bathrooms, and a small kitchen, for way less then we could get a campsite. So adding in the better gas mileage on driving our car, as opposed to towing our camper with the van, we went for the hotel.

Turned out that we had all that bad snow and ice for our trip - so I was REALLY glad I was driving the car and not towing the camper.

1999 T2970 Sunline, Retired 2015

Current Camper is a 2016 Starcraft 28QBS
DianeScraps is offline   Reply With Quote