Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #1

SUN #12046
Shae86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to find this club!

Thanks for adding my membership. We recently purchased a 1988 Sunline Saturn T-1550. It’s in great shape for its age with only a few cosmetic issues to touch up. If anyone can point me in the right direction for help, I’d appreciate it.

First, the roof vent cover over the bathroom had been cracked and the previous owner repaired it with an off-color adhesive and it greatly detracts from the camper. Where can I find a replacement? The cover dimensions are 10”x20”.

Second, I want to add an awning the length of the camper, along with a screen room that has privacy panels. What are a few good retailers or resources for advice?

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Shae86!

Congrats on your new Sunny! This is the place to ask any an all questions Sunline related.

Now to your 2 questions,

Quote:
snip, the roof vent cover over the bathroom had been cracked

The cover dimensions are 10”x20”.
I am not the wizard of the older 80's campers, but the words, "roof vent cover", the bathroom and the dimensions of 10 x 20 seem different then the standard 14 x 14 roof vent that cranks up with a handle. Not knowing if a prior owner changed something, what does those 10 x 20 dimensions fit?

When I stated the standard 14 x 14 crank up roof vent, that is the hole size in the roof the vent is installed in. There may be a plastic shroud inside the camper that is a little smaller then the 14". On the roof, the cover needs to be bigger then the 14 x 14 opening. Which 10" is too small and 20" is way to big.

Can you post a few pics of your old roof vent you need help with? They are many available replacements once we know what you have.

An awning and one that has side panels. This one I'm not sure if your camper ever had an awning rail on the side of the camper. If there is not one, it can be added. We need to know a little more on your needs and wants. And cost is in there too.

The older smaller campers sometimes had a bag type awning like on a pop up. They work well on the smaller campers, the cost is less, the time to put them up is more.

They do sell awnings with arms and a roller that pivot and roll up the awing like the larger campers have. The length may be a factor (they may not be short enough) if they would fit the length of your camper roof line. We need some dimensions off the camper roof line to tell.

Then comes the side panels.

They do make screen rooms that go under RV awnings. And some have side panels. Not sure if they go small enough for your camper, but lets see if we can help.

Not sure of your needs and if the camper going to be parked on a seasonal site or you are still traveling from camp to camp?

This link is the type that fits the newer style automatic awnings, but it takes time/work to put them up and take them down if you plan on being mobile and towing from camp to camp. They have this kind of style for the older non auto awning with arms and roller, but again the length may be something to check. Trying to hone in on what will fit and what you need.

Is this the style you are looking for? These may not fit your camper, we are first trying to help by knowing what you needs are and looking for.
https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Acc...mily_Room.aspx

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote