Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #1

SUN #12479
Parich is an unknown quantity at this point
Dragged into the RV world

Hi
New to this site. My experience with RVs is from my early teens with my parents in an Apache 18’ TT. I did enjoy the trips we took. After a few years they bought a Winnebago motorhome. Took one trip in that and enjoyed it too. Fast forward 40 some years and my wife got a bug about getting an RV. She searched ads constantly until she found a cheap one that she thought would be a good starter. You know, fix it up a little, not too much money involved. Haha. I was against it!!! Guess what? I lost the battle. She bought a 1989 Sunline T1740. Hot water heater doesn’t work according to seller. No shower. Needs cleaning up inside. New cushions and such. No dinette. Should be one in front section?
Oh, by the way I’m 6’2” and the ceiling is 6’1”. Just great, now I have to stoop to move around and really duck walking past the ceiling A/C unit. This RV must have had some type of fairy dust or something in the air, ‘cause now I’m getting excited about fixing this thing up.
I will try to post pics of the inside and out later. We had a lot of snow in the Philly area, so once it melts I can get a real good look underneath.
Richard

Old 02-23-2021, 09:43 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Parich!

Congrats on your new Sunny! Yes, campers are known to have fairy dust in them, trust me I know.... Camping in the Sunny can be very therapeutic and addictive in a good way.

These Sunlines are all fixable with basic wood tools, a little know how, a lot of love, and time. How much time, well that sort of ranges all over pending what one is fix'in!

We are here to help, pictures go a long way in helping show us what you are up against, we can help give better ideas, and suggestions on how to help you.

We have had many club members who have done repairs and willing to share what they did. And the list of what was fixed, is most everything on a camper, in some form or another. Just ask, and help shows up.

Have fun with your new Sunny!

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #3

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Good story! Once the trailer bug hits you...

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:32 PM   #4

SUN #12479
This website has been very helpful regarding getting info about my 1989 Saturn. Downloaded booklets and various floor plans about it. I’ve been reading countless threads and cutting and pasting valuable info. Tips on repairs and upgrades are very helpful. My “To Buy” list is growing very quickly. One project will be to install a shower in the small bath where there isn’t any. I don’t see any monitoring equipment for LP, CO2, battery level and such. I plan on getting those as well. Probably upgrade the power converter once I find it. I could use members suggestions on which model of each to get. I rather invest in a good quality item than a cheap one. More to come
Richard
Old 02-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #5

SUN #246
Janalee
Rich..welcome to the “family”..I have been a Sunline owner many times over for more years than I want to reveal! Lol! And I see you are from PA as am I...may I ask what area?I am near Scranton...I know there is a new owner just three miles from me...could that be you?
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #6

SUN #12479
I’m in the Blue Bell area. Reading as much as I can about the different systems in this RV. Obviously I will have to upgrade and add items that where not installed back in 1989. The Sunline club website is a wealth of information and suggestions. Once I get started, I will take plenty of pics to document the progress.