Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-29-2021, 08:17 AM   #1

SUN #12807
moonmullens is an unknown quantity at this point
Window Sash Removal

The T2480 I'm working on has a lower sash window that has a frame coming apart. I need to remove the window to carefully press the frame back together around the window pane and replace the missing screw to hold it together. The lower sash frame has a string attached for a balancer. How does the lower sash come out? Sorry that I don't have photos... I will include photos in the future.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:02 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

What year camper do you have? Sunline changed the window brands and styles as the years went on. And those styles and brands had some differences.

Pictures really help as many of us can help, but we do not know your exact model, but it does not matter as most all trailers made in that time frame where the same across the model year regardless of which camper floor plan they were in.

I my self have not seen one of the older windows with balancer string in it, yet anyway, but others may have if they know the year of your camper.

However, I have removed many Sunline windows and may be able to help with that part assuming we are talking about the same context of removing a window. The context I am referring too means to remove the entire window unit frame (take all the screws out, ) and release the window frame from the siding leaving the rough opening in the side of the camper open. The window unit is then out on the bench. Is that the type of removing the window you need help with to gain access?

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:26 AM   #3

SUN #12807
Window repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Hi,

What year camper do you have? Sunline changed the window brands and styles as the years went on. And those styles and brands had some differences.

Pictures really help as many of us can help, but we do not know your exact model, but it does not matter as most all trailers made in that time frame where the same across the model year regardless of which camper floor plan they were in.

I my self have not seen one of the older windows with balancer string in it, yet anyway, but others may have if they know the year of your camper.

However, I have removed many Sunline windows and may be able to help with that part assuming we are talking about the same context of removing a window. The context I am referring too means to remove the entire window unit frame (take all the screws out, ) and release the window frame from the siding leaving the rough opening in the side of the camper open. The window unit is then out on the bench. Is that the type of removing the window you need help with to gain access?

Hope this helps

John
Hello John,

The window is from a 1989 Sunline. I hope to remove the sash only and not the whole window. The owner doesn't have a great deal of money to invest so I was hoping to fix what is there. I will post photos when I get back to the trailer as I live in NJ and the trailer is in VA. I didn't know the full extent of this forum and am unprepared at this time. More news at 11.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Thanks for the camper model year. Sunline made camper from the 60's all the way to 2007. The way they built them and components used, in the camper evolved as the years went by, thus knowing the year helps.

I had forgotten from your other post you were the helping someone with their camper.

I looked up the 89 campers, they still have the square corner windows. If I recall correctly, the square corner vintage frames screwed into the camper from the outside. I have never had one of those apart, yet anyway. Interested in how you make out.

In 1991, Sunline changed to black Hehr round corner radius windows and these had the clamp ring inside the camper with the screws inside to compress the window frame flange outside against camper siding outside. This style, which later white round corner radius windows made by Kinro. I have had many of this apart.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:55 PM   #5

SUN #12807
Hello John,
Thanks for the interest and the background. The next time I visit the camper I will take detailed photos. I was not prepared for what I now know as normal help from people like yourself. Funny story... the previous owners said that the refrigerator did not work. I just put it on electric and it got cold. This latest visit I inspected the gas burner and was surprised how clean it was. There was 12VDC at the terminal block so I put it on gas, pushed the button allowing gas to flow and the refrigerator got down to 30 deg. and the freezer got down to 0. Not bad for a refrigerator that doesn't work.
Thanks and I will be back with photos,
Jim