Our 1991 Sunine Solaris has outside fittings that have seen better days. I've decided to replace them so went in debt for all new pieces. Now the task of off-with-the-old and on-with-the-new.
First is the outside 'utlity' corner of this unit. I have taken a picture but not until I had loosened old fittings. You can see the powercord opening with the fitting hanging on the cord. You can see the hole for the holding tank drain valve, minus the valve. You can see the water fill fitting that is still in place. Last is the hot water heater door that I have already installed the drain valve.
The heater drain valve.
This is the hole the drain valve came out of. It shows the units original color with the colors of the original decal stripes. The hole for the fitting is so small a regular hose clamp doesn't push through so will have to solve that problem with either a different kind of clamp or a larger hole.
Doing the drain valve first because I thought I'd get the easy stuff done early. The old drain fitting had a longer nipple on it than the new. That is how Sunline could clamp inside the compartment. I hunted and pecked until I found a really small hose clamp that fit inside the wall. The drain hose is push on fittings and might not need clamps but since this is in the compartment I store leveling blocks I didn't want to chance knocking something loose, hence hose fittings everywhere.
Next was to do the city water inlet fitting. Not so easy since the new fitting didn't match the old plumbing fittings and I didn't want to cut into the existing lines. To fix this I simply recaulked the old fitting and reinstalled. Easy way out until I get braver.
Then I tackled the shore powercord storage door. The new end on the powercord meant I had no choice but to find a bigger access door and I like being able to reach inside. After being careful about anything I might hit inside the wall I gently started doing surgery. First I marked the opening location, then cut the metal skin and last cut wood for a clear opening. I did cut and install new wood around the edges of the opening for the new screws to grab onto. The new hatch got new caulking and screws.
Next is the fresh water holding tank fill fitting but that will be another day.