I was able to remove the wheel, drums and bearing today on the passanger side of the Saturn. It sure took a while to get to this poit but I'm glad I decided to run the coarse because I found a busted spring inside the brake assembly. Also, it was packed full of spider webs and what not. It looks like the drum, the brake assembly, the wheels and tires are all origial on this RV. I was hoping to save the brakes but I'm not sure if I will be able to. Plus, I'm not sure if I will feel comfortable taking the rig down the road on 25 year old brakes...even if there is some life left in the shoes...which totally amazed me; they're not even half way worn.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the whole mess so everyone can see what I'm doing.
I also wire brushed the springs, shackles and u bolts and "Thank God"; there's only surface rust on them. That's all getting new paint tomorrow since the RV Dealer is closed and I'll have to wait to get the new brake assemblys.