Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #1

SUN #83
Both2Retired
Oxygenics Shower Nozel kit

Has anyone ever replaced their OEM shower nozel & hose with an Oxygenics model? I just purchased the kit (nozel, hose, and wall bracket). Do you have any suggestions that I should do to make the installation secure and waterproof? Thanks, in advance.

5.7-Liter V8 Hemi
5-speed auto
Both2Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #2

SUN #2485
aaron is an unknown quantity at this point
I sure did! What a great upgrade to the shower. Almost like being at home. Only complaint is no water shut off to conserve water. Be sure and order the Oxygenics shower head holder too. My original holder didn’t work very well. The holder can be installed with double sided tape or screws. It appears my double sided tape is holding up for another season.

Aaron
2006 T-2553
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 3.73 6-speed
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
We have one and have used it for about 3 years now. We are very happy with it over the stock shower head.

We added a shut off down at the faucet. See the silver valve between the end of the hose and the faucet. It is a push on/off button. Use this a lot when we are boondocking and need to conserve on water.

Here is the head

Another SOC member told me about needing a bungee cord on it to not bounce out while towing down the road. So I have always tied it up and have never had it come out.

The mount, in our case I bought the mount for it. I reused 1 hole in the center behind the head holder from the old head. Cannot see in the pic. And I had to drill a new hole in the shower wall above it. Made sure there was a board behind it to screw into first...

You can see that one screw. I used it a few times with just the one screw in the center to make sure we really liked it before I drilled the second one. I used buytl sealing tape behind the head mount to seal it to the shower insert and seal around the screw.

From our use, this is a thumbs up and a good upgrade.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #4

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Say, John, where did you get that nifty pushbutton shut-off? Is that something any plumbing supply place would have?

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabes View Post
Say, John, where did you get that nifty pushbutton shut-off? Is that something any plumbing supply place would have?

We did get it in the lumber yard/plumbing area. It has 1/2" NPT thread pitch, just no taper on it. It can screw in, in any of the connections; we just put it down at the faucet to not add weight to the showerhead.

Most all the ones you find will allow a small amount of water to pass. It may be some kind of any scald requirement or they are too cheap to put and O-ring seal in etc. In our case, it drips/drizzles cold…. Yet both hot and cold knobs are on.

Bear with me a moment as I type out the thoughts on this cold drip....

The cold drip I have heard has to do with a faint water flow in HW tank cold line flowing backwards due to expansion pressure held back by the outgoing check valve of the hot water heater. The check is part of the winterizing kit. As bizarre as it sounds…..there is some thermodynamics behind it. Have to rethink again the dynamics of how that causes only the cold to leak but ours does. I am thinking it is the heat expansion pressure in the HW tank is above the pump pressure. (air pocket in the tank almost all used up)

This slight increase in tank pressure allows the cold side pressure of the HW tank to be slightly above the outgoing hot pressure in the tank. The outgoing hot port has a check valve with a spring pushing it back closed. This slight pressure on the cold is the increase in pressure caused by the check valve spring holding back on the outgoing port. (it is easier to go backwards through the cold incoming port than go out the hot outgoing port as the spring is in the way). This allows pushing only cold out at the shower which has both hot and cold valves open and the shower head shut off valve drips. Have to rethink that, but it is at least a possibility. While I have recreated this in my head on how it might be happening, I have never bothered to prove it. I just deal with the cold drips…

Trailblazer I think found one that 100% shuts off. I have wanted to look for one but have not made it to it yet.

Drips and all, if you are using on board tanks for fresh water it for sure helps cut down on the water use. You waste more turning the knobs on and off trying to get it the right temp again.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #6

SUN #83
Both2Retired
The new kit includes the nozzle with a push-button, shut-off control, hose, flexible mounting bracket with mounting tape and 2 long screws. I fear the screws will be too long. I'll probably purchase 2 shorter, stainless steel screws so they don't rust.

I like the idea about the use of a bungee cord while travelling. Think I'll try that.
5.7-Liter V8 Hemi
5-speed auto
Both2Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #7

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Makes a huge difference and saves water. Well worth the purchase especially if you dry camp. With unlimited water, it's still a good shower head.

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote