Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #1

SUN #708
jotack
just bought a 96 t26c saturn

I just purchased a 96 26' sunline saturn, and am very impressed with the quality and layout of the camper. Also Im very happy to find a site like this, it shows people enjoy these campers and they must have some quality behind them. The previouse owners owned this camper for ten years and seemed to have taken very good care of it, but I want to give it a once over and address any issues it may have. Most importantly, the roof. It doesnt seem to have any leaks, but I want to keep it that way. I dont have much experience with rubber roofing and wondered what I need to do to care for it. Next I need to patch the black water tank. I know they sell kits for that just wonder if there were any recomendations. Finally for now, the previous owner told me he winterised the camper, I just want to double check how should I go about this. He showed me he bipassed the hotwater heater, and turned the pump on and showed me antifreez at the sink, shoul I check anything else. Thank you for any suggestions.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi jotack

First off, welcome to the club.
You should think about joining us at next years Buttonwood Meet & Greet, in Mexico, PA. It’s a great time and an excellent way to get a lot of good information and help. It's not too early to sign up and reserve your spot. 40+ other Sunline Club members have already signed up.

Now lets see if I can help with some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotack
… Most importantly, the roof. It doesnt seem to have any leaks, but I want to keep it that way. I dont have much experience with rubber roofing and wondered what I need to do to care for it. ...
Your rubber roof is made by Dicor. Their Roofing page on Dicor's web site is probably a good place to start to gain information on your rubber roof. Here’s a link to their Care & Maintenance flier that may help you also.
You want to periodically check all corners, sides, seams, and around all roof items, such as A/C, vents, etc. to make sure the seals are good. If needed, use Dicor’s Self Leveling Lap Sealant to make repairs. Keep the roof clean and avoid low laying branches and you should get a lot more years out of your roof.

Quote:
… Next I need to patch the black water tank. I know they sell kits for that just wonder if there were any recommendations. ...
Here’s a couple of posts that may be helpful:
Leaking Gray & Sewer Tanks
Hole in Gray Water Tank of 1988 Saturn T1550
This last post gives some good instructions and pictures from ScottK, how he patched his tank.

Quote:
… Finally for now, the previous owner told me he winterized the camper, I just want to double check how should I go about this. He showed me he bypassed the hotwater heater, and turned the pump on and showed me antifreeze at the sink, should I check anything else. ...
I would make sure that the Hot Water Tank is fully drained by removing the drain plug and confirming all the water is drained out.
It sounds like the previous owner used the method of putting antifreeze in the fresh water tank to pump it through the water system. You can confirm this by checking the freash water tank and maybe draining a little bit out of it to verify it’s antifreeze.
If I was in your position I would re-winterize the trailer myself, for 2 reasons, to get myself familiar with the process and also to confirm everything was done. If you decide to re-winterize, you should be able to reuse a lot of the antifreeze currently in the trailer by draining it into containers.

There are a lot of good posts on here about winterizing. Just do a search on “Winterize” or “Winterizing”. Here’s one post on winterizing that may provide some additional information on winterizing.

On the Files of this web site there’s a lot of good information. Most of the information is from the Owners Manual that Sunline provided with their trailers. Here’s the Winterizing Guide that Sunline included in most of the owners manuals.

Hope this helps some and hope to see you and your family at the Buttonwood Meet & Greet next year.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #3

SUN #708
jotack
thanks hutch