2017 WNY M&G Chinese Grab Bag - CANCELLED
Due to low attendee turn-out this year, the Chinese Grab Bag event has been cancelled.
2017 WNY M&G Chinese Grab Bag
Again this year we’ll be doing a Chinese Grab Bag at the WNY M&G.
Since we won't be able to attend due to a family commitment, Thanks Amy for offering to be the 2017 Chinese Grab Bag Coordinator.
The Chinese Grab Bag will be conducted Saturday evening following the Pot-Luck Dinner in the pavilion.
Chinese Grab Bag info:
1. Each participant is to bring a gift.
2. The gift is to be of $15 value.
3. Gifts should be packaged in a Brown Paper Grocery Bag, a Black Garbage Bag or something similar. This is intended so that all gifts are packaged similarly.
4. Spouses may play as a couple or individually. The more participants, the more fun.
5. The Chinese Grab Bag will be conducted Saturday evening after the pot-luck dinner.
WNY Chinese Grab Bag Rules:
1. All participants place their packaged gift on the Table.
2. Each participant draws a number out of a hat, this identifies the order of play.
3. Round 1: Participant w/ #1 selects a bag from the table, opens it, and shows it off to the other participants.
4. Round 2: Participant w/ #2 now has the option of selecting a bag from the table or stealing Participants #1 gift (see Round / Stealing rules).
5. Round 3: Participant w/ #3 now has the option of selecting a bag from the table or stealing from any Participant currently holding a gift (see Round / Stealing rules).
6. Rounds continue until each participant’s has had the option to play.
7. Last Round: The last round starts after the last gift bag has been selected from the table (see Last Round Rules).
Round / Stealing Rules:
1. Each Round starts with a Participant either selecting from the table or stealing a gift.
2. If the Participant selects from the table –
> the participant can not touch any gift on the table - only looking, no touching.
> the participant opens the gift and shows it to everyone.
> the round ends and the game transitions to the next participant / round.
3. If the participant elects to steal a gift, then the participant that had their gift stolen has the option of selecting a gift from the table or stealing a gift from another participant holding a gift, however, they can not steal back the gift just stolen from them (i.e., the participant that stole a gift is considered safe for only the next move).
4. A round ends when a participant selects a gift from the table.
Last Round Rules:
1. The Last Round starts after all Participants have played (i.e., after the last gift has been selected from the table).
2. Participant #1 has the option of switching gifts with any Participant or keeping their gift.
3. If Participant #1 chooses to keep their gift – the game is over.
4. If Participant #1 switches a gift, play continues by the participant that had their gift taken has the option of switching their gift with any other participant holding a gift or keeping the gift they were given. Note: they can not switch with the participant that just gave them the gift (i.e., the participant that switches / steals a gift is considered safe for only the next move)
5. Play continues until a participant decides to keep the gift they were given (instead of switching for another).
Note: If the stealing or switching gets into an infinite loop, the Chinese Grab Bag coordinator has the option to end the round.
Hopefully the rules make sense to everyone. We will go over the rules again at the M&G before playing the game.
If interested in participating in the Chinese Grab Bag at the WNY M&G, just bring a gift to the M&G and be ready to have fun. There’s no need to sign up or post a reply to this thread.
Mary & Tom (aka Hutch)
2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 361REQS
2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4 CC D/A
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A