Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-11-2023, 03:48 PM   #1

SUN #5662
landsendlead is an unknown quantity at this point
Slideout needs help

Looking for someone to fix slideout on 2001 Solaris 260sr. It does does go in on its own. I have brought it to rv repair shops that tell me nothing is wrong. I am located in Massachusetts but willing to travel if that is what I have to do.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Old 07-11-2023, 06:30 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi landsendlead,

I do not know of any independent repair places or RV shops in your area, but I do know some about the Sunline slide systems and may be able to help. I have seen a friend's 2001 Solaris T-250SR, similar to yours but longer. Their camper has the Power Gear slide drive, which would/should be what yours is unless Sunline was on the edge of changing slide drive brands. During that 2000 to 2004 time frame, Dewald, Power Gear, Barker, and Lippert were the slide system suppliers Sunline used. The changes were driven by some companies stopping making slide drives; others dealt with when the flush floor slide system came out.

Can you, or do you have a friend who can help? They would need to know some level of mechanics and 12-volt DC electrical, ideally campers, but not necessarily. If they work on autos, tractors, heavy engine-driven heavy equipment, or industrial maintenance, they have the skills and tools, and we can help fill in some of what to look for.

If you or a friend can help, we can help troubleshoot if you can provide pictures once we get into this.

The RV shops say everything is OK, but something happens, and you find the slide will not come in on its own. If I understood that right, then:

Did the slide room go out under power, but would not want to come in under power?

Did the slide motor make any attempt to bring the slide in? Were there any grunt noises trying to come in, or just plain no sound and no movement?

How did you get the slide to come in? The hand crank?

Has this happened a lot? About how many times and how long a time period?

Will it still go out now, under power?

Answers to those questions are a start. If I recall correctly, you had this camper for a good while now, years worth, and it seems it worked before, but not now. Yes/no?

A member from your area may be able to chime in on who might repair campers. Buy what general area are you near? How far away in miles is something that would work for you?

I hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:42 PM   #3

SUN #5662
The slide goes out fine. It varies how much it comes in on its own. Sometimes it won’t even start. Sometimes it comes in a few inches and then stops. Sometimes if I wait a few seconds it will come in a few more inches. Turning the drive shaft 1/4 turn with a wrench is usually enough to get it going for another free inches. So it is a combination of push the button until it stops coming in, go out and manually turn the shaft, back inside to push the button until it stops, wait a few seconds, try the button again, it may go in a few more inches. If not or when it stops again, go out and turn the shaft. Repeat as many times as necessary until the slideout is completely in.
Old 07-11-2023, 08:53 PM   #4

SUN #5662
The slide out has never gone out on its own. Maybe for the original owners but not for me.
I am in central Massachusetts. I would drive as far as necessary if this could be fixed.
Thank you for your time.