We are having a beautiful day here today, the sun is out its great. I decided to head out to the TT and tear the carpet up in the bedroom to see what I will be looking at for repairs. I had a soft spot develop last year and I'm anxious to get started on fixing it. I replaced most of the floor in the main part of the TT back in 07.
See previous post
To start I used a utility knife and cut the carpet all around the outside edges.
Starting in the back I peeled up the old carpet.
Showing the padding under the carpet.
Padding and underlayment removed. You can see how the board swelled from the water, the carriage bolt has almost pulled through the board.
My bar pushed right through the chip board, there is nothing left to it.
The insulation underneath is dry and the floor joist seem to be ok. Looks like all I'm going to have to do is replace a small section of the chip board. I actually think I have enough left from my first floor project to do this. For flooring I will be putting down laminate to match what I used in 07. We have been very happy with the laminate. Sometime in the next couple weeks I will move the TT into the garage and get started. I will continue to post more pics and updates.
While I was out today I snapped a couple pics of my door. Mine too has the sag on the latch end and scrubs on the bottom. Seems to be a common thing.