Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #1

SUN #1188
CWJarvis is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CWJarvis Send a message via Yahoo to CWJarvis
Thumbs down Where is my VIN # ?

I just bought a 1989 T1661 "SATURN" in mostly NEW condition, but i got it with little "paperwork" WHERE is the VIN number so i can get a "good" bill of sale for CONNECTICUT?

we also have a much older 13 footer that we are fixin up! SAME Question

Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #2

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
Look for a sticker on the side of the trailer (near the front), it should be stamped into the side of the tongue also (may not be able to read this one) and you might also find it by removing and looking under the metal threshold.

clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #3

SUN #1262
Sue Ellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi There, I just bought a 1986 Saturn Sunline and can't find the VIN either. Is there a common place on the tonque to look? And by threshold do you mean the entrance to the door? Just joined this group also. Thanks. Sue Ellen
Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
CWJarvis, you should have a silver sticker located in the front left corner, on the left side of the coach. The sticker should be about 6" or so up from the bottom of the sidewall. If it is unreadable, it will also be on an aluminum tag on the left side of the tongue, under the LP tanks if you have dual tanks or just about where they'd hang over if you have a single.

Sue Ellen, yours would be in the same spot as CWJarvis on the tongue there. Dona does mean under the threshold of the entrance door, if all else fails. Be careful when you put it back on though that it re-hooks itself on the door frame, you wouldn't want to trip on it if it is stuck up.

If a previous owner has painted over this tag, you may need to get a little steel wool to clean it off and make it readable, or to clean off any corrosion.

CWJarvis, let me know exact year of your 13' coach, because that will be a different deal depending on the year.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #5

SUN #1262
Sue Ellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Vin #

Thanks for the help. I did find the No. on the tongue. I did correct one of the numbers, an S instead of a C. However, the last four numbers are more of a mystery. I did a pencil rubbing of the numbers, and the last four definitely appear to be 2109. And that being the case, the number still does not pull on a DMV data base. Since I am new on the site, I'm still trying to figure out how to get around the site, but don't seem to be able to get back to a couple of others that told me about the numbers and what they should be. Thanks again. Sue Ellen
Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #6

SUN #1293
2001softy is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 1988 saturn t1740 redoing the floor i found the vin tag under the entry door threshold!

Tags
where is the vin?