Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #1

SUN #8474
jsm5394 is an unknown quantity at this point
Waste valve leak

I have a T1661. The waste line is leaking where the black water tank connects to the valve box. How best to repair/replace this? Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:21 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard to say if it is at the pipe flange and accessible epoxy will fix it jack it up on one side let it sit for a day or so sand/grind around the leak and epoxy it.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:12 PM   #3

SUN #2097
I'll add to this mine was leaking at the black tank where the pipe fit into the tank the problem was the entire weight of the valve assembly and piping had no support it was just hanging there out in space so all the piping for the black and gray tank was hanging supported by just the tanks. I ended up making a mounting for the valve assembly that held it to the trailer frame. Ever thing there moves at the same rate so securely fastening it to the frame works out fine. Basically what I did was bore a hole in a 2X6 pressure treated the size of the pipes cut it in half on center bored two holes in the sides slipped one on top the other on the bottom used long bolts to hold it to the frame. Been working fine for several years.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:22 AM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Can you post of picture of where the leak is? Hard to tell exactly from you word description.

Once we see what you have, we can suggest a better recommendation, many with pics and links to product to buy to do the work. But is all starts with understanding what you are up against if they will work.

If your piping is original or black in color, odds are high it is ABS plastic. There are a few not expensive permeant ways to solvent weld or cement/mesh layer up repair the piping/tanks. We have had several members repair real bad breaks, holes in the waste tanks and drain piping with permeant results.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #5

SUN #11755
Torskdoc423 is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2570 started to leak at the joint into the black tank. Pipe had split about 2/3 way around. Fiberglass mat cut into 4" wide strips and 1 8oz. Can of ABS cement. Lay down a layer of cement, work the strip I to it with a bondo scraper. Rinse, repeat5-6 times alternating ends on the clock. Start with 1st strip at 12 o'clock wrap around split and overlap ends. Then 10 , 8, 6, 4, 2. No leaks and doesn't flex.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:04 AM   #6

SUN #12086
songsailor is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't been active on the forum in a while so I apologize that this reply isn't timely. The issue you describe though sounds very similar to an issue I had last year with our Sunny.

https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...eak-19792.html

The product I ended up using was from a company called JB Weld an it has worked great. I hope that your repair worked out well!
Old 04-21-2021, 09:58 AM   #7

SUN #2097
I did repair the leak it was right where the pipe entered the black tank. I dumped the tank and jacked up the side of the camper on the valve side so any thing left drained to the opposite side for a couple of days. An air gun to blow out what ever was left at the crack a small angle grinder 2 part epoxy two more days on it's side has not leaked a drop since. I truly believe the weight of the unsupported pipes caused it in the first place.

Tags
black water tank, sewer, waste