Originally Posted by yorkielover
HI. I recently purchased a 1988 Sunline T-2265. Does anyone know where the VIN tag is located?
The VIN was located in five different places on a 1988 Sunline when new:
1) On the title/certificate of origin
2) In the owner's manual paperwork (Quality control certification especially)
3) Exterior sticker on the left side corner of the trailer, at the front. It was either a square sticker mounted higher up or a silver rectangle sticker lower on the wall in that same corner- they changed between those two around 1988/89, and I don't recall when it was exactly. This sticker contained the VIN, build date, model info, and weight info.
4) On a metal VIN tag riveted to the left side of the trailer tongue, roughly below the propane tank mounting plate. There's a good chance the plate has been painted over and may need to be cleaned off to be readable, but sometimes with only one coat of paint, you can still read it with a flashlight.
5) On another metal VIN tag, located below the main (front, in your case) entry door sill plate. Remove the sill plate's 3-5 screws, lift or pry up on the plate to remove it, and then the VIN tag should be underneath there.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9467.8 (as of 5/26/19)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR