Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #1

SUN #12003
seawolf68 is an unknown quantity at this point
T-1850 furnace issue

I have a Hydro Flame FA 7916 and messed up my wiring g apparently because I can not get it to run again.

Does anyone have this model that they could send me some pictures of what goes where?

Original issue was fan squealing so we clean that up and seams to be ok but I u did some of the connections trying to reconnect to the camper electric lines and forgot to take pictures of how it goes.

Thanks.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Seawolf68

I do not have pictures, but we do have a wiring diagram that shows a FA 7916-II Meaning rev II of the FA 7916 furnace. Are they any other letter/numbers to your model number?

See page 8 of this 2003 Atwood service manual in our FILES section. Be logged in and download a copy
https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/d...o=file&id=5631

There are 3 wiring diagrams on page 8, I'm "guessing" as I cannot see a pic of your furnace showing the timing relay, the ignition control board or the igniter wires to confirm this. Odds may be that yours is the one in the bottom center of the page called "local sense wiring"

The way to know for sure, look for these features on your furnace.

Is there a timing relay? If yes then, is there 1 or 2 wires going to the igniter electrode area?

If there are 2 wires, One on the electrode and a 2nd one near it as a feed back probe, then you have "remote sense wiring"

If there is 1 wire to the electrode only, then have the "local senses wiring"

Hope this helps.

John

We can help troubleshoot with you if needed. This all starts with:

1. What is the DC voltage going into the furnace as measured with a volt meter
2. Are you sure the thermostat is sending a 12 VDC signal to the furnace when there is a call for heat?
3. When the t stat turns on calling for heat, after a small wait period (1 to 25 seconds) does the fan blower motor turn on?

If you cannot make it at least to step 3 and the blower motor run, that is the place to start on why not?

Make sure you have a good ground (- 12 VDC) going to the furnace. While you may have + 12 VDC to the furnace, if the ground at the furnace, it will not complete the circuit. If you test with a meter for voltage using the ground wire at the furnace, that helps at least you know the ground and hot going to the furnace is good.

Hope this helps,

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:36 AM   #3

SUN #12003
Hey John

I do know that I have the rev 1 furnace. Getting ready to go back into the hunting woods but when I come out I will take some pictures and upload them.

I do know that we ran the furnace for 20 min just to use up the propane that was in the lines and it did put off heat, just a really loud screeching noise.

Will post more later.
Chuck
Old 11-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #4

SUN #12003
Hey John

Here are the pictures.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf68 View Post
Hey John

I do know that I have the rev 1 furnace. Getting ready to go back into the hunting woods but when I come out I will take some pictures and upload them.

I do know that we ran the furnace for 20 min just to use up the propane that was in the lines and it did put off heat, just a really loud screeching noise.

Will post more later.
Chuck
Hi Chuck,

I will look to see if I can find a Rev I service manual.

The loud screeching noise, does this sound like a rotary type generated noise or a pounding kind of noise?

I might be possible for a critter or left overs to get into the inside fan compartment. Then when the blower runs, the blower wheel if grinding up "something" that ended up getting stuck in the blower wheel/housing.

Does the load sound happen as soon as the furnace blower starts or does it happen when the gas burner kicks in after the fan was running and starts creating heat? This is assuming you can hear a "whoosh" type sound when the burner kicks on to notice a difference. The furnace should run the fan only for a short duration to purge the system when if first comes on, then after a time out period the gas burner comes on and the fan run together.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:11 AM   #6

SUN #12003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Hi Chuck,

I will look to see if I can find a Rev I service manual.

The loud screeching noise, does this sound like a rotary type generated noise or a pounding kind of noise?

I might be possible for a critter or left overs to get into the inside fan compartment. Then when the blower runs, the blower wheel if grinding up "something" that ended up getting stuck in the blower wheel/housing.

Does the load sound happen as soon as the furnace blower starts or does it happen when the gas burner kicks in after the fan was running and starts creating heat? This is assuming you can hear a "whoosh" type sound when the burner kicks on to notice a difference. The furnace should run the fan only for a short duration to purge the system when if first comes on, then after a time out period the gas burner comes on and the fan run together.

Hope this helps

John
Hey John

I have the manual, just not good at decipher the electrical part.

It was a screeching noise, there were all kinds of mud bee nest so we cleaned those out. At the moment I am not to confidant of the ground wire connection so I will take a different wire nut out to to try. Currently when you turn the heater on, it makes no noise what's so ever - the fan never starts. Will let you now more after the weekend when I go back to hunting camp.

Chuck