Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-10-2023, 03:06 PM   #1

SUN #12107
ibirman is an unknown quantity at this point
Insulation in ac blower?

The AC started thumping in our Que, I took off the inside cover and noticed insulatuion of some kind inside the blower wheel. I can pull it out with tweezers, but how did it get there? I pulled the top cover, the wheel is under a shroud and I dont think I can stand on the roof to remove it. Did a mouse get in there? I don't see any openings from the outside, and from the inside the blower has no room around it. Is it supposed to have insulation in it?

This is a photo pointing up from the inside of the trailer. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/members/12107-albums902-picture7599.html

Old 09-10-2023, 04:55 PM   #2

SUN #7990
BenB is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the AC in your Que ducted or non-ducted? Ducted would have multiple outlets in the ceiling, non-ducted the cold air only comes out of the AC cover in the ceiling.

There should not be insulation in the blower wheel, it does appear a mouse has made a nest in there. The ducted question was to try to figure out where it may have come in.

Current Camper: 2006 Sunline T-264SR
Previous Camper: 1998 Coleman Mesa
Tow Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500, 8.1L, 4X4
DirecLink Brake Controller, Draw-Tite Ultra Frame Receiver, Reese HP Trunnion Bar Hitch W/ HP DC
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 11:33 AM   #3

SUN #12107
Thanks BenB, I think it's not ducted, I guess I have to take it apart to find the source, thanks for the help!
Old 09-13-2023, 03:10 PM   #4

SUN #7990
BenB is an unknown quantity at this point
The non-ducted should be easier to find, the AC unit mounts on the roof and blows right out the vents below. Look for possible entry points around the square opening. The insulation most likely came from the space between the roof and inside panels.

Current Camper: 2006 Sunline T-264SR
Previous Camper: 1998 Coleman Mesa
Tow Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500, 8.1L, 4X4
DirecLink Brake Controller, Draw-Tite Ultra Frame Receiver, Reese HP Trunnion Bar Hitch W/ HP DC
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 04:33 PM   #5

SUN #12107
Thanks for the replies, I opened it up and removed the insulation. The only opening I can find is the water drain, maybe a half inch hole, so I still don't know where the critter came from, I don't see any signs they are still there. Thanks again!

https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/m...cture7600.html
Old 09-24-2023, 06:38 AM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibirman View Post
Thanks for the replies, I opened it up and removed the insulation. The only opening I can find is the water drain, maybe a half inch hole, so I still don't know where the critter came from, I don't see any signs they are still there. Thanks again!

https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/m...cture7600.html
Hi ibirman,

H'mm, a few things about your pic,

The critter may have come from inside the camper. The Que was built differently than the Sunline travel trailers, so I am not 100% sure about this, but see if this fits. The yellow power cable comes out of a drilled hole in the wood of the roof opening and then turns down under into the living space side of the ceiling, along with the black power supply cable to the roof unit. A ceiling air box should be up against the inside ceiling with the control knobs on the ceiling. Did you take the inside ceiling air box down and see if mouse droppings were there?

You asked if the insulation was supposed to be in the blower wheel; the answer to that is, for sure, no. The debris on the front of the inside coil suggests other critter activity at some time in the camper's life. I agree that the critter may not have come from the outside roof area; the drain holes are small. If the critter did come in that way, how did they pull all that insulation in and not disturb it?

There is another explanation: if there are no mouse droppings anywhere, just dirt, the insulation may have been inside the blower wheel from the day the AC was installed. The color and style of the insulation do not match what Sunline used in the 2006 or 2007 model travel trailers. But, the Que was made differently, and it may have been from the Que attic.

Another more intriguing question is whether the AC unit does not look original or Sunline changed something from the brochure. Would you happen to know the brand name and, ideally, the model of that AC roof unit? It was built very differently than the Dometic Brisk Air AC Sunline had during that era. It is built a lot better in many regards. I suspect someone changed the original AC unit along the way.

I have never seen the insulation in the blower wheel before. Learn something new every day here at Sunline Owners Club!

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote