The carpet in the rig was in pretty rough shape. A few nasty stains that wouldn't come out with any solvent I tried, and overall the carpet just reeked of dog. I picked up a few yards of an inexpensive Berber from Home Cheapo and got to work.
First, a shot of how it looked when I started:
Tore all that out and installed a Flexible Carpet Bar to give a nice clean edge (expensive stuff at $2 a linear foot!):
Laid in the section, started stretching and tacking it down:
Trim the carpet at the bar, and beat it down:
So the floor looks good now. But that carpet you can see under and around the jack-knife sofa no longer matches. Out comes the sofa!
Pull off that carpet and wrap up the wood in berber:
Put the couch back and here's our new look!
I didn't bother replacing the carpet in the storage area. That's just going to get stained up regardless.
I need to snap an up close picture of the carpet. I the pictures it appears to almost clash with the sofa, but that's not the case in person.
Going to do the bedroom also, but that'll be another post as I found some rot when I tore up the bedroom carpet.