YES YES YES!
Finally got a chance to actually do some of the mods on my list...didn't have time to take pics. though- oh well- soon enough. I'll add them when I get a chance to take them.
Tint up the BR windows (only 5% of light will get through now, but not too dark when inside) so nobody can get an accidental free show
and one of the dinette windows (35% transmittance). Still going to do the curbside window, but leave the picture window clear.
Install lighting under the camper for hanging out and visibility if backing in at night.
Clear slide into the screen door. What a PITA getting the old one out though. Let's just say the old one is in no condition to be re-installed if we sell.
Re-adjust door striker plate, deadbolt didn't work 100% before, it does now.
Spare tire and carrier onto back end. Put this right up against where the frame attaches to the rear bumper to minimize stress and flexing of the bumper.
Tools into the new toolbag, and away.
Cedar stuff into closets and drawers (DW made me do it- she doesn't like dryer sheet smell so much, and neither of us deals well with mothballs) for the rest of the time- and dryer sheets out.
Reset the hitch height. After the axle flip (THE BEST MOD EVER!) the trailer sat at a little bit of an angle. Got an old drawbar out of storage, and finally got it set 100% at the right angle. Had a little sway before in high winds and highway situations- it's GONE now.
Setup the brackets and find the ideal setting for wind deflector. Used water spray as planned before to help identify where the wind should be sent to. Found the adjustable features nice, put the wing near the back of the cap, and angled it so 90% + of the wind that would hammer the flat front of the coach will now be sent up to the top of the coach. Looks like it should REALLY help with drag (didn't use it for ride back to storage due to no highway miles). Found that to get the wind UP, the wing had to be pretty close to the trailer.
I think that the benefits would be hardly noticed (if any help was there at all) on a conventional pickup. It will (or should) work well on an SUV or capped pickup. I will post more later when I figure out any benefits. It was a Christmas gift, so any mpg help is good- no cost/ benefit analysis. It'll either be a work/ no work.
Installed a "plug saver" onto coach frame to hold the 7 way connector. No more dropping it into the ground and getting grit caught in my dielectric grease
. It was a nifty gadget I found in the boat trailer section of the Bass Pro Shop in Foxborough.
Designed and built a mud/ spray/ rock guard a la Class A motorhome for the tail of my TV. Used a length of natural gas pipe (seperated into two lengths), 2x 18" sections of chain, 2x clip carabiners, some nuts and bolts, 2x U-clamps, a length of metal like what holds up supermarket racks, and a SUV rear seat floormat (the kind that goes all the way across). This will catch any mud or rocks that may damage the underside.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on how you see things) I found an issue under the coach when installing the lights. See my post in the repairs forum for details....title "Sunline goofed". I will post this in a minute.
**PHEW** no wonder I'm tired....