Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-05-2023, 08:04 PM   #1

SUN #13743
aalary is an unknown quantity at this point
Electric Water Heater

Hey everyone!

I bought a 1995 Sunline Camper (T-2653). I grew up camping with my family but this is my very first camper (of my own)! I got myself a dog, a nice golden retriever (picture attached), and I thought I could no longer camp in a tent so I bought myself, but mostly my pup, this camper! Although it’s a bit old, it’s nicely remodeled and we’re making little upgrades here and there (sink/bathtub cleanup/paint, portable a/c, new mattress, etc.).

Since I’m new to camping on my own, I have some questions that I can’t find answers to. I used to camp with my “camping PRO & experienced” father, but I can’t ask him these questions anymore as he’s no longer present in my life.

SO, I am looking for people who would like to be so kind and take his place answering my questions regarding my camper

One of the questions that I’ve been asking myself since I got the camper (1995 Sunline 30th edition, T-2653) is
“How does the electric water heater work?”

I found the switch (near the oven), but I don’t know how to make it work… I tried looking online but I can’t find much…

Also, does any of you know how to heat up the oven? How do I turn it on?

Thanks for now!

Anabelle & Tonka the golden!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0295.jpeg (39.0 KB, 21 views)

Old 07-05-2023, 10:30 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome aalary!

We can try and help, but we need some info from you in case a prior owner changed something in your camper which is not original.

For the water heater, please post these pics below; then, we can see what you have and tell you how to operate it. And we might be able to provide an owner's manual for it.

- Go outside, let the outside cover down on the water heater, and take a picture of the heater. Try to get close enough to see good detail of the heater components; we do not have to see all of the sides of the camper.

- While the cover is down, facing the heater, there should be a model number tag on the lower right corner by the gas burner; take a pic of that tag. (hoping it is still readable)

- Inside the camper, take a pic of the item on the wall that states it is for the water heater.

The above will help tell us the "vintage" of the water heater and the brand. Sunline used the Atwood brand, and yours may still be an Atwood, but several different models were used. Yours might be an LP gas-only heater or a combo of LP gas and electric.

On the stove, Sunline used the Atwood/ Wedgewood brand stove/ranges. So we can help better to know which you have, take a picture of:

- The top of the stove so we can see the burners and knobs.
- Take a pic of the oven knob so we can read the wording.
- Open the oven, and bend down to look at the very bottom of the oven. You will see a large gas burner under the bottom shelf; use a flashlight if needed. At the end of the burner at the back, take a picture of the gas tubes and valves so we can see which vintage you have.

If yours is the original Atwood range, the oven would have a manual pilot, in which you use a grill lighter and a sequence on the oven control knob to light the pilot first, then the pilot would light the main burner. Once we know what vintage you have, we can help with how to light it and where to place the grill lighter.

Ideally, you can provide the stove/range model number and make; however, that model number tag is under the stovetop where the burners are. You have to lift the stovetop to see the tag. And some of the stove tops lift hard as you have to unlatch them before they can be lifted. I can't tell you how to push and pull the top to release the top latch, not knowing which one you have. If you, by chance, do get it lifted up, take a picture of the model tag; we may be able to find a manual for it too.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help first time buyer, oven, sunline, t2653, water heater