Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Truck Campers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #1

SUN #8686
Ed Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Im loosing it.

Hello, first off would like to thank whom ever built the site for doing so. I'm not new to forum type sites and think they are fantastic ways of getting information and creating a great community of friends. Thanks!

I just purchased my first truck camper and I'm trying to wrap up the loose ends so I can bring it home safely.

I'm searching for the harness for the tail lights online and I'm at a loss to find the correct one. I have called 4 or 5 different camper suppliers and they either seem to have no idea what I'm looking for or they didn't think it was an item that would be available new since Sunline is out of business.

Its an 8' bed (10' camper) I'm thinking Ill need the harness to be at least 10' long. 6 prongs with a center pin.

Can someone please help????

Its driving me nuts. I'm so use to googling something and finding what I'm looking for in seconds and I'm getting my A$$ handed to me with this one.

Ive also attached pictures of the plugs on both the truck and the camper, hopefully I did it correctly.

Thank you!

Kindest regards
Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160731_093103.jpg (55.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20160801_154402.jpg (64.7 KB, 6 views)

Old 08-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fox View Post
Hello, first off would like to thank whom ever built the site for doing so. I'm not new to forum type sites and think they are fantastic ways of getting information and creating a great community of friends. Thanks!

I just purchased my first truck camper and I'm trying to wrap up the loose ends so I can bring it home safely.

I'm searching for the harness for the tail lights online and I'm at a loss to find the correct one. I have called 4 or 5 different camper suppliers and they either seem to have no idea what I'm looking for or they didn't think it was an item that would be available new since Sunline is out of business.

Its an 8' bed (10' camper) I'm thinking Ill need the harness to be at least 10' long. 6 prongs with a center pin.

Can someone please help????

Its driving me nuts. I'm so use to googling something and finding what I'm looking for in seconds and I'm getting my A$$ handed to me with this one.

Ive also attached pictures of the plugs on both the truck and the camper, hopefully I did it correctly.

Thank you!

Kindest regards
Ed
RV Counter guys are useless if you ask the wrong question. Sorry to be blunt but that is how it is. If you mention that what you need is for a Sunline, they spaz out even more. The trick is to ask for what you need without disclosing that it's for a Sunline.

What you need is a standard RV 7 pin flat-blade pigtail with an identical male added on the other end. Not quite standard wiring, but not terribly custom either. Normally, the pigtail is hardwired to the RV and the other end plugs into the tow/carry vehicle. Here, it looks like a previous owner substituted the female on the camper end, and built a male to male connector. Easy to do and no magic about it.

The longest pigtail I found on a quick search is 8 feet long: https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/H20046.html The connector for the other end is universal and standard as well: https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Optronics/A7WCB.html

If you really need a pigtail longer than 8', you can purchase the cable by the foot and two of the connectors and make your own.

They almost certainly have these parts at any RV or trailer shop. Just browse the electrical aisle and you will find what you need. Even many auto parts stores carry this stuff. Look in the trailer parts aisle.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #3

SUN #8686
Thank you Steve, i was leaning this way. Right after I posted the question I did find a 10" male with an open end on amazon for 30 bucks Ill do as suggested and wire the other male end in. I was thinking it would of just been a standard item to all truck campers. Learning as i go here.

Thanks again!

Kindest regards
Ed
Old 08-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #4

SUN #8686
This is what i ended up with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-08-01-18-33-00.jpg (54.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-08-01-18-31-08.jpg (34.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fox View Post
This is what i ended up with.
That will certainly do what you need.

I don't recall ever seeing a ready made male to male cable like this, but then I've never needed to look closely at the unique aspects of slide-in truck campers. etrailer.com is my go-to source for information on basic trailer things. They don't list a male-to-male cable. Another major player is Hopkins Towing or Hoppy products: Trailer Wiring Solutions, Brake Controllers, RV Levels - Hopkins Towing Solutions and they don't show one on their product list either. Both resources are super places to find things, even if you don't purchase from them.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote