Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Tying in a new tv line feed

I'm installing a 22" ac/dc tv in my 1996 T-2053. I have the tv installed in the bedroom wall which is against the adjacent kitchen cabinet containing the microwave. This wall has a accordion door allowing privacy of bedroom from the rest of the trailer.

This trailer has two doors, one at the tongue end with the dinette and one toward the back accessing the bedroom.

I have the tv mounted on a swingarm that gives it a lot of flexibility in motion.

I needed a arm long enough to be inboard of the folding curtain wall/door and yet swing out and around to be viewed while seated at the dinette.

The above has been accomplished. Now getting to the heart of this post!

I removed the microwave oven and lefted the cabinet floor. I want to feed the tv antenna through the botton of the cabinet floor under the microwave and again in the false floor of the cabinet adjacent to microwave and above the sink.

I have the Sunline provided tv dc socket and antenna jacket mounted under this cabinet over the sink.

Finally the question! I can have the antenna wire come out of bottom of false floor space of cabinet and loop up to connect to threaded jack or can I just install a splitter up in the false space tying into the jack there? If so which lead would I tie into? Please see linked photos.

P08-20-14_0825_zps0e3d3698.jpg Photo by bunjin-gi | Photobucket

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Your picture shows two antenna outputs the amps usually have two do you know where the other cable goes?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #3

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a link to the installation instructions. http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452013.pdf Scroll down to figure 14 on page 4 and it shows antenna, cable, and output to second TV connections. The second TV will get the same signal as the jack on the faceplate.

Also on page 6

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #4

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the wires come from the antenna. The others go to jacks. If you can identify the antenna wire, remove any one of the others, add a short cable to a splitter and run the old and new one from there. That puts it down stream of the signal amplifier.

I split a wire and ran one to my FM radio with an adaptor. That way I have an amplified and directional antenna for FM and Wx. AM doesn't work with the tv antenna but I doubled reception on FM and Wx. (FM and NOAA Weather frequencies fall between channel 6 and 7)

I put a 12v Supersonic tv in the bedroom mounted to the wall with a standard swing bracket. Soon the DVD player on it quit then the TV was acting like a short circuit. Eventhough I tied it to the wall while traveling I suspect it was shacking up and down while traveling. My big tv snaps solid to the wall to travel. The replacement RCA tv is mounted to a bracket I got from Campers World that slides into a separate wall bracket so I easily remove it and set it on the bed for traveling. The bracket came with two wall brackets for mounting in two different places. Handy.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the quick replies. Each of ya had some good info.

Tim, one lead goes to the antenna and the other two feed two tv hook-ups. One on the faceplate, which is in the kitchen and the other terminates in the bedroom.

Gene, thanks for the link. It really will do everything I want it too. I'm thinking of relocating the whole thing to the bedroom wall that the tv is mounted on. The location it is in now just isn't really needed. I think I may also wire a 110/120 ac outlet on the same wall. By doing that, I have ac available on both sides of the exterior bedroom door, which more closely mirrors how it would be in a residential situation.

Paul, I will most likely not travel with the tv mounted. It wasn't the most expensive unit out there and I don't think it would be up to the challenge. It is easy and fast to dismount. I will also use it with my T-1550 with the tv base and unit sitting on table/counter etc. In the T-1550 I will have it hooked up to a "Leaf Antenna".

Again thanks everyone, well done!

P.S. Just as a side note: I found that the Cabinet floors are stapled down and fit rather tightly. After some thought (and asking myself how some of you would lift it) I decided to try lifting the floor with a suction cup used for glass and tile handling. I went to HomeDepot and purchased a simple unit. Tested it on some various surfaces in the store and concluded it was going to be iffy but doable. WOW! It worked very well! The yellow one.

http://www.homedepot.com/s/suction%2...andlers?NCNI-5
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:51 AM   #6

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes it was quite the day when the Amish discovered staple guns!