Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #1

SUN #83
Both2Retired
Great Eastern 2008 Meet & Greet

Congratulations to John, Hutch and the others who did so much to make this year's Eastern Meet & Greet so wonderful. Congratulations and Best Wishes to John. Eleven units in 2007 and 33 units in 2008. Who know how many next year. It was great meeting so many of you this year and putting names and faces together. Now I know who Kanyon Kitty is. I enjoyed "Makers Mark" calling card.

Hope to see you at the next campground and next year.

Those who want more of the Sunline Owner's Clun "business cards" that I provided should contact me at jpjmletteer@dejazzd.com. I'll send a MicroSoft Word format of the cards to you so you can print as many as you like.

5.7-Liter V8 Hemi
5-speed auto
Both2Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #2

SUN #212
janetpowell
Fred and I would like to add our thank-you to all who organized and facilitated this event!!! We made our reservations for next year. We arrived home to Slippery Rock, but without most of our truck's brakes. Thank goodness for the camper brakes!!! We had been discussing John's Hitch talk and whether we needed a new truck or not. I'm hoping our truck wasn't stating it's opinion!! We have to work a bit more with the information we got from John to see if we are indeed pushing our Dodge a bit too far!
Below are a few pictures I took on the kayak trip. A good time was had by all!
Janet and Fred

janetpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #3

SUN #590
Irishcamper
Sue and I would also like to thank all of the organizers who put this great weekend together. It's tough to meet everyone in the time we had, but we did pretty darn good, still meeting people this morning, and I can say we feel privileged to be a part of this group with such great people in it. We are looking forward to our return trip next June.

Hope everyone has a great summer and fall of camping.

Sue & Dave
Northumberland, PA
Old 06-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #4

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Kim and I also had a wonderful time this weekend. I wish there was only more time to have met everyone and toured more campers. (I don't know if a week would be enough with the size of the group that attended! )

A special thanks to all those that organized and planned the events for the weekend... the extra time and effort put in by you folks makes it all possible.

We look forward to future outings with the group.

Take care,
Jason and Kim
Old 06-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #5

SUN #486
Wgeorgell
We, too, enjoyed ourselves very much this past weekend and are looking forward to the 2009 Meet and Greet. We thank everyone who did a great job organizing and planning all of the events. It was great!

wgeorgell

Judy and George
Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #6

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks to those who contributed to making the 2008 the fun time it was. I'm not even going to try to name them all

We're looking forward to next year......the Mad River Explorer is going to have the gunnels repaired before next year's trip Carol's already talking about hitting the fall Timonium, MD RV show to see what we might be able to get donated toward the "Silent Auction"

We're hoping that once we determine school schedule, right now the 6th is our kids last day, but we have to see what snow days do to it , we might add a day on.

P.S. By moving it up a week, we missed Father's Day Weekend next year

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to thank EVERYONE that made this Meet N Greet such a wonderful experience. I KNOW organizing such an event is difficult, but you guys did a fantastic job. I missed last year but I made my '09 reservations before I left. I had such a wonderful time meeting everyone, seeing inside some coaches, getting modification ideas, thanks to JohnB for the "tongue weighing". I'd like to be able to do the river float next year (maybe?). Maybe a few more Sunline owners will join us next year.

PS: KD is fast asleep on the bed, she is wore out

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #8

SUN #128
Tweety
It was indeed a wonderful event. Thanks to everyone who put in the effort to make it so. And thanks to Buttonwood Campground for treating us like royalty
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #9

SUN #557
2 Wheelers
2008 Meet & Greet

Dave & I want to thank everyone for all their hard work into making this wonderful "Meet & Greet "possible. We came knowing one other couple and left with so many new friends. What a friendly & caring group the club is. Can't wait to do it again next year!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #10

SUN #213
Diane is an unknown quantity at this point
DITTO!

We thoroughly enjoyed the meet and greet and also want to thank everyone who worked so hard to make it such fun. Your hard work was much appreciated!! And it was such fun to meet people I've talked to online. Looking forward to next year!!
Former 2011 North Trail & 2014 Open Range
Current 2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #11

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
We had a great time, except for the little misshape breaking down – but that’s a story for next year’s M&G .

Special Thanks to:
Jon – for the goodie bags and all the effort with the manufacturer’s donations.
Jill & Dave – for the Silent Auction and Sunday Bag Breakfast.
All the individuals that donated items to the Silent Auction.
Mike & Roz – for the T-Shirts
JohnB – for the Hitch Discussion and Tongue Weights (didn’t think it would take you all Saturday to do )
Marshall – for being the Fire Marshal (we had great camp fires Fri, Sat, & Sun nights), being the Grad Party Grand Marshal, and for all your efforts for obtaining the Sunline Mailbox for Jon.
Jason – for the CD Mix (listened to it on the way home – great mix )
Everyone – for the dishes at the pot luck dinner (we had more food than we could eat)
And most of all everyone who came – that is what made this event so great

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone - I'm sorry if I did.

We’re already looking forward to next year. See everyone then.
Tom & Mary
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #12

SUN #307
purplesuebug
We had a blast this year at the 2008 Annual Buttonwood Meet & Greet. The event grew three times over and was 50 times more fun. We got to meet all you great people and see all your great work. Even the dogs got along!!!!

I want to begin by thanking each and every one of you (the members of Sunline Owner's Club) for all your advice, problems, concerns, gripes, pictures, ideas, well you get the idea!!!! If not for each and every unique member, this place would be just another Blog. So turn around and pat yourselves on the back for making this place a success!!!!

As far as the M&G, I have to thank the people who made the quest for the mailbox successful. (for those not at the 2008 M&G, We were able to get the original Sunline mailbox and present it to Jon (Sunlinefan)). First thanks go to Ruth Devenney from High Associates LTD who was the only contact I had to get to the owners of the building. She was instrumental in us getting the mailbox.

Tim & Marge Kissling from Precision Coating Technology. (the new owners of the main building) They had to disrupt their mail flow in order to remove the mailbox. They have to wait for another one to be fabricated (not done yet). Tim & Marge..........my hat's off to you!!!

Dale Zimmerman...........for allowing us to have the mailbox. Dale had the right to the mailbox as the prior owner of the building and he chose to let us have it. For those not at the M&G, he sent the following email:

Hello Mr. Reed,
I'm pleased to hear that you will be presenting the "Sunline mailbox" to
Jon. There is no one more deserving. Thank you for the update on what is
happening with the Sunline Owner's group.
I appreciate your invitation but unfortunately my family and I already
made plans for the same weekend. I'm sorry to be missing this event,
perhaps later this year or maybe next year.
Please give my best regards to everyone.
Sincerely,
Dale Zimmerman

Thank you Dale for giving us an RV that will last and last and last. Your dedication to quality is unsurpassed and we think of your dedication to that quality every time we hook up. Hope to see you next year!!!

I have to thank Buttonwood Campground for bending over backwards to accomodate us. The owners are friendly & helpful (just ask TinyblueTJ). The use of the group area and fire ring helped to make this meeting the success that it was.

Jon..........Thanks not only for the goodie bags, but thank you for sharing your knowledge of the Sunline RV with the rest of us. You are very instrumental in the success of Sunline Owner's Club

Tom & Mary............what can I say??? So much behind the scenes work!!! I don't think you even know how many hours went into this event. Enormous success and you made it happen.

Mike & Ros.........wonderful Tee-Shirts. Thanks so much

Dave & Jill.............the silent auction was a success. Everyone left thinking of things to bring next year. (for those not here this year, we had a silent auction with proceeds going toward the cost of running this site). Sunday breakfast was great

John B.................I know you needed a back rub after Saturday from carrying that jack around all day. Great Job (and we learned something too)

Jason...........thanks for the CD mix..........very well put together.

Everybody who made the trip to be with us....................thank you so much for sharing your time and smiles with the group. My only hope is that you had as good of a time as we did and I hope to see each and every one of you next year. Take Care........................Marshall & Sue

One more thing..................for those interested, the owners of Buttonwood gave me the web page where he purchased the fire ring. It is

http://www.thefiresmith.com/
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
Amanda and I would also like to thank everyone who helped put together this great event. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again next year. It was great to put faces with some of the names that I've become familiar with on this site. The staff at Buttonwood couldn't have been more helpful and kind if they tried, so my hat is off to them also. Couldn't have gone smoother, except for the flat on the 5'er on the journey home, but that wasn't a huge ordeal. Thanks again.
Lowell
2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #14

SUN #139
Al in PA
Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this weekend such a huge success. It was great to put faces with names. Everyone is even friendlier in person than on this site. We can't wait for next year's M&G to renew friendships and meet even more of you.
2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #15

SUN #520
kathyh
Rob and Kathy H want to say we had a great time. We had never gone to a group camp like this where we knew no one and did not know what to expect. Everyone was so friendly and touring the different trailers was fun and educational. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organizing the event. We already have the 2009 M&G on our calender.

Thanks again.

I thought the business cards of John (both2retired) was a great idea. Just hand them out to any Sunline owners you see at a campground.

KathyH

2007 Sunline T2499 4" lift w/03
2011 Chevy Avalanche
1988 Sunline 1850 Satellite
Rob and Kathy H
kathyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #16

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
John and Cindy had a great time and totally enjoyed ourselves being in such great company of Sunline owners and new friends. The time was way too short.

I did get to put the faces to the screen names, or at least some of them…. It was amazing to drive in and recognize folks trucks and campers but have never seen the family that lives inside before….LOL

A big thank you to all for making this happen. We have something very special and unique here and it was easy to see this past weekend. The Sunline tradition lives on.

Thanks

John and Cindy

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #17

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Great Eastern 2008 Meet & Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Both2Retired
Those who want more of the Sunline Owner's Clun "business cards" that I provided should contact me at jpjmletteer@dejazzd.com. I'll send a MicroSoft Word format of the cards to you so you can print as many as you like.
John

Thank-you for taking the time and effort to make a set of Sunline Owner's Club "business cards" for everyone attending this year's Buttonwood M&G.
They'll definitely come in handing for spreading the word of our club.

Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #18

SUN #347
cclassy
Thank you!

Meet and Greet was great! Thanks to all who worked so hard planning this event. Our trip home went well including a two day stop over in New Jersey. We stayed at the Spruce Run Rec Area right off rt 78 in Clinton. Beautiful spot, with large grassy lots on a lake. No hook ups and facilities not well maintained, making me appreciate our Sunline even more.

Laundry is done and now we're reorganizing for the next trip to Glenville, NY for a family wedding.

Gratefully,

Connie and Craig

PS Craig has just found Hutch's diagram for the 7 pin vehicle connector...ours came loose and dragged down I95 for the last part of the trip. Thank goodness traffic was manageable. A special thanks to Hutch for the diagram as Craig installs the new cable.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #19

SUN #215
Poor Man Campin'
Thanks to all who put the time and effort into a successful M/G! I apologize for not being as social or as helpful with everyone as I normally am, but as you can tell, our hands are full! The twins started crawling when we got home and it's been a busy week making things safe and secure for them.

We had a great time and are really looking forward to next year! We made our reservations when we left, for the same site. Next year may prove to be just as challenging with 2 toddlers!

Thanks to all for being good neighbors and especially Marshall/Sue and Bonnie! Hope to see you all again next year!

-Brad
Poor Man Campin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #20

SUN #406
chuck & lori
Sorry it took us so long to post, but Lori and I were on vacation last week. This is the 1st chance I've had to get online.
We had a great time. It was nice making new friends and reaquainting with old ones (real and imagined-again-sorry Mrs. Powell ).
To all of the great folks who worked to make this a success our heartfelt THANKS You did a great job filling the weekend with activities but keeping it relaxed!
We are looking forward to doing this again next year. Please don't give away site 80 yet As Lori's daughter is getting married next summer, we didn't make reservations yet. Need to be sure it doesn't conflict with showers or prep and leaves Lori with enough summertime vacation days.
Jon-congratulations again-good luck in college.
Mary-hope you are healed.
Thanks again everyone--see you down the road!