Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #1

SUN #1005
chanchsirk
looking for more info based on my vin

I recently purchased a sunline trailer model 15sc. The vin # is 1L02S1F19BD155655. I was wondering if anyone can tell me approximately what year and model it is? Also I was wondering how easy it is to get parts for?

Old 02-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: looking for more info based on my vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchsirk
I recently purchased a sunline trailer model 15sc. The vin # is 1L02S1F19BD155655. I was wondering if anyone can tell me approximately what year and model it is? Also I was wondering how easy it is to get parts for?
Welcome to the club!

There is one small error in your VIN, it should be 1LC2S1F19BD155655.

That VIN indicates a 1981 Sunline and an early production one at that, with an approximate length between 15'0" and 15'11". So if you were told it is a 15' SC, I have no reason to doubt it unless it happens to be the 15 1/2' SB.

The difference between the two is basically do you have a rear dinette booth or do you have a rear couch/lounge. The rear dinette is the 15' SC and the rear lounge is the 15 1/2' SB.

Parts are pretty easy to come by, unless it deals with something Sunline specific, and then you are pretty much out of luck. Any exterior decal or cabinet fits in this area. However, all appliances were built by outside companies so parts are readily available for them. You'll need to know the make and model number and maybe serial number of the appliance (usually on a tag on it somewhere) in order to look for and get parts for it.

Most appliances in these units are worthwhile to repair. Refrigerators are the big thing that usually doesn't. The cooling units go bad occasionally and once they do, it may not cost more for a new one, but it's almost silly to repair a 30 year old refrigerator. However, if you would like to keep the vintage look, they can be rebuilt for I'd say around 1/2 to 3/4 of the cost of a new one if done professionally. That is just a guess though.

Hot water heaters and water pumps are the other things that can be repaired, but not in all cases. If the trailer wasn't winterized properly at some point and one of these or both froze, then you'll probably be looking at full replacement. A new water pump will probably run you in the ballpark of $150 and a new water heater, gas only, in the ballpark of $350. The water pumps really can't be serviced at all, so unless it's just dirty and needs a good cleaning/lubrication, you will probably be looking at a new one. Most of the heater parts of the water heater can be replaced, as well as the tank, but you need to know what is wrong exactly so you don't dump more money into the tank (no pun intended) than it's worth. I do hear the tanks themselves are difficult to change out, and again, if the tank is the issue, you'd still be heating with 30 year old components.

The furnaces are pretty much bullet proof. They do like propane to work though, so make sure you have a supply there before determining it non-operational. I'd say 9 times out of 10, if they don't work, they just need a good thorough dis-assembly and cleaning.

An air conditioner, if you happen to have one even though that's unlikely, is probably so old and inefficient that most places don't even carry components for them anymore. Some may though.

If you have a need for any Sunline specific parts, make sure to let us all know here because someone may have one or know of a source that does.

Did you happen to get an owners booklet or envelope of manuals with your coach?

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #3

SUN #1005
chanchsirk
thanks for the info! the vin tag was a little hard to read so the fact that I was close is a plus! I got the model number off a tag with other info (tire size I believe) inside a cabinet and I do in fact have the rear dinette. I received no paperwork with the trailer and was having a hard time trying to find a year or make online. Is there owners manuals or any other paperwork available online?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #4

SUN #492
GhettoMedic
On the top of the page there is a link to "Files", there are several brochures in there. There was really never a set "Owners manual" just a collection of manuals for the different parts.
https://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...9/mycamper.jpg
GhettoMedic is offline   Reply With Quote