Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Community
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #1

SUN #68
Mike59
Atwood stove/oven pilot light problem

I bought a 2003 Sunlite travel trailer with an Atwood stove/oven model R-A2131W2E, serial number 10080582. I am having a problem with the pilot light in the oven.
Pilot light in travel trailers "Atwood Oven Model R-A2131W2E"

Sequence of events -
Turn the oven knob to pilot, open oven door and light the pilot. Pilot lights immediately. Turn oven temp to 170 degrees. Pilot light grows to a large flame and heats thermocouple. When thermocouple gets hot enough the burner ignites. Oven gets up to 170 degrees, the large pilot light bleeds off back to a small pilot. About 10 seconds later the burner bleeds off. So far so good. Here is the problem. The oven cools down and calls for heat, the pilot light begins to grow then blows itself out. It should grow from small flame to large flame to heat the thermocouple …
I took the oven apart and removed the pilot assembly, cleaned all orifices with compressed air. Blew air through the lines then put it all back together. The problem still exists. Replaced oven pressure regulator, still bad. It seems that something is getting hot and changing characteristics. Any thoughts? My email is cage8224@yahoo.com

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar problem, or better yet, watch their pilot light as the oven cycles on and off. Does the pilot light grow into a larger flame or does it just snap to a larger flame.
Parts are expensive and I just don’t want to randomly replace parts.