Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Community Admin, News & Specials Events > Forum Admin & Site Help
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2023, 02:35 PM   #1

SUN #13706
crazycro is an unknown quantity at this point
New trailer owner, T-2053 Towing/Mirror advice needed

Hi all, my wife and I are new to us owners of a really well taken care of Solaris T-2053. We only plan on towing it once to it's location up in the Catskills. We want to use our 2013 4wd Honda Pilot that has an OEM hitch & transmission cooler.

Just my wife and Iin the truck, the trailer will be dry. No gear in the the car either. There will be a 15 min climb on a 55mph highway before we crest. Does this sound manageable with our Pilot? Also mirrors are a concern, any recomendations for extenders or those 2-3" round stick ons?

I have no experience towing a trailer with the weight 3450lbs but I am willing to give it a go if this sounds doable.

Thanks for any tips/advice
Eddie