Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #1

SUN #7875
Grafikdsgnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Excited New Sunline Owner and Blown Away to Find This Site!!!

Hello Everyone!
My wife and I just 'sort of' retired and so missed getting out into this and Canada's beautiful country after we got our kids through college and became 'empty nesters' that we went on a mission to find a travel trailer that fit all our 'wish list' amenities, but most importantly, our weight limitation.

I am a graphic designer owning my own advertising agency for over 35 years and was fortunate enough to win the favor of several large, west coast RV manufacturers as clients over those years. In fact, I had 4 of them ever since 1978!

What was so awesome though, was that anytime we wanted to head out into nature anywhere within the US or Canada on a family vacation, these mfgr's would give us a 'right off the assembly line' motorhome or travel trailer to use!!! It was a win-win for both of us because we got to raise our kids seeing things that they talk about to this day and because we were always heading out to locations that we had researched with beautiful lakes, rivers and waterfalls from the Pacific Ocean to the midwest and northern Canada to Mexico, these mfgr's got their RV's photographed in front of the phenomenal backdrops of the Rockies, Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier Park, etc. These photos were used on all their marketing literature and websites. What a wonderful perk!

Well, we still have that itch and after weeks and months of going through the disappointment of getting beat out of so many trailers because we either weren't the first caller or others could make it to the sellers location before us, we finally found the little trailer that completely fit our bill; a 1992 Sunline Saturn 1740 in great shape! It has a full bathroom, roof A/C, nice awning, orig fabrics in great shape, microwave and new tires on dual axles w/elec brakes. We are so pleased with our find that we feel we have been rewarded for our pain.

I was very familiar with all the RV mfgr's in Elkhart, IN as well as the ones out here on the west coast in WA, OR and CA, but had never heard of Sunline. What a pleasant surprise!!! And then to discover that there is still an owners club with an awesome, complex website available for us owners as a resource was an unbelievable bonus!

I can see so many uses for this site already! The first of which is everything I can find out about personally doing an upgrade to an LP/110 VAC/12V DSI water heater such as the Atwood GC6AA-10e. This is the one item in our 'new' trailer that we do need to install. I can't wait to get started 'tinkering'

Pete

Old 10-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #2

SUN #7591
pogey is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats and welcome to the club. My husband and I purchased our first TT in August, a 1981 sunline 16 foot. We are having a blast with it and hope you do too with your new sunline.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #3

SUN #7875
Grafikdsgnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank You!

We can't wait either! Envious of you being able to get out before the weather changes. How long before your weather changes? Are you planning on doing any winter outings? Boondocking it or hookups for the most part?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:08 AM   #4

SUN #7591
pogey is an unknown quantity at this point
We only went boondocking once, taking water in tanks and using battery power, everything went fine.
Mostly camped at state parks here in NY so our season will end sooner than we would like. They are inexpensive and have water hook up and dumping stations.
Good luck and have fun.