Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #41

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
True but if there is still water in the piping and you add antifreeze the -50 antifreeze soon drops to -25 or higher depending on how diluted it is. I prefer the air method and have tried even using a shop vac (that by the way works OK too) some like to fill the lines with antifreeze, both work I just can't deal with the taste and smell of antifreeze and it all ways has worked for me where the temp some times drops to -30 or lower.

Old 12-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #42

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Mainah,
I guess different strokes for different folks as they say.
It would be very unusual to see temps much lower than 0d F here in Maryland.

We rarely drink our water except for cooking. We use it mainly for showers, hand and dish washing (although without a water hookup when we camp for a week, we're using the CG's water as much as possible for these things).
We always use bottled water for coffee as there's no telling how distasteful the water is going to be at any campground where we'll be camping. As for the smell, I never noticed any.

But I will say, going down to -30 or lower without any problems means you're doing it right on your camper!
Rich

vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote