Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #21

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Noralee,

Can you post a picture of the water line ends unhooked? We need to see what the end of the water line looks like. There are few posible ways they joined the gray tubing to the T. A ferruel setup( hope not), a grommet setup (most likley) or a flared end of the tubing(odds are high, not on plastic like this)

We need to be able to point and talk to pictures on this one. Camping World should of been able to figure this out since they deal with campers, but....their are times some staff are not as experianced as others.

Once we can see what the end of the gray tubing that fits into the T is, we can help more. And then we can take your pics, draw on them and repost.

We know this can be confusing and the folks you are taking it to may even be more confusing if they have not dealt with a camper. The running threads per inch of straight and pipe thread can be/are the same. Just the pipe thread (NPT) has a taper to it that can sometimes be hard to see unless you know to look for it. They may not know and assumed it was a tapered since the thread pitch lined up.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #22

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
It's standard polybutylene flare it's 1/2" flare same as pex. Plumbing is crazy making because the explanation gets lost in the terminology. She needs to go from 1/2" pipe to 1/2" flare with two 1/2" flares and one 1/2" pipe with a "T" in between. If all else fails noralee pm me and I'll make you one.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #23

SUN #4422
noralee is an unknown quantity at this point
my handyman had the idea to put some plumbers glue in the new T that i installed. so far so good. i'm sure that isn't ideal but i dont care anymore. just wanted it fixed.

mainah, thanks so much for your offer.