Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > SunlineClub Owners Registry
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

1984 Sunline Satellite T2260

Registry
RV Name 1984 Sunline Satellite T2260
Year 1984
Make Sunline
Model Satellite T2260
Length 22'7"
1984 Sunline Satellite T2260
Basic Info More pictures when I can. Slowly converting this camper into a 12 volt tiny home / dry camping only trailer. Plan to install solar for electricity, and run a small wood stove for heat. Using rainwater storage underground for our water needs or hauling by hand depending on location at the time, and composting toilet for wastes. It is yet to be determined if we will use it as a camp, a home, or just as a dry camper. Pictures added as I can. Needs a lot of TLC.
Exterior
1984 Sunline Satellite T2260 Exterior
Thus far have scraped off numerous layers of roofing coating materials from around the vents, skylights, etc on the roof. Removed unneeded fixtures on the roof and damaged elements, replaced with metal sheeting or rubber vent housing, put sticky aluminum flashing tape around skylights and over some poor areas, and silicones the entire roof with gaco 100% silicone elastrometric roof coating. I realize this layer may not be needed after repairing the damaged areas, but a prior owners have applied numerous layers of various substances that were water resistant and not waterproof, and that stuff is near impossible to get off, so we took off what we could, but it is impossible to say if we fixed all of the problem areas under the asphalt and other layers, so I covered the entire roof as insurance. Also the white color makes the surface so much cooler. It was so hot on that roof before that you could get burned, no joke. Now, in the heat of the full summer sun, I can put bare skin on the roof with no discomfort. This should translate to cooler temperatures in the summer. The coating will also help prevent damage from freezing moisture in the winter.

Interior
Took out the old toilet and put in a self built, fluid diverting, composting toilet. Added a third bunk in the back where the previous owner had torn one out. The previous owner had taken out the original fridge and put in a standard dormitory fridge and a microwave that both run on 120 volt, which means they are no use to me, so I took them out. I will be putting a small wood stove where the fridge was.
Comments: 0 / Views: 1675