Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Towing and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #27

SUN #517
luvrque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fogey View Post
Thanks to posters for all the detailed explanations. I understand the need to get all the detailed specs and then to measure both truck and trailer loaded to ensure limits are respected and to reduce sway etc. - but I don't have a trailer yet!

I have pulled smaller trailers previously and am considering going back on the road. I already have a truck which suits my needs for other uses. I am looking for a suitable trailer that my truck can handle. My 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab has trailer towing package( max towing cap 6500 lbs), V6 225 HP, 266 lb. Torque at 4000 RPM, 3.727 rear axle ratio. I have been looking at Sunline T2363 and T2370 models (3950 dry, 5500 GVWR). I am concerned about pulling power, as we are retired and plan some long distance travel. With only 266 lb. of torque, what will happen to my mileage when I hit the mountains?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
I think you should look for a smaller & lighter TT for your truck....IMHO
With plans for some long distance travel, I don't think you would be happy with that setup.
Sorry for the short answer but thats how I feel.

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...orums/Qsig.jpg
luvrque is offline   Reply With Quote