So we are leaving next Thursday for our maiden voyage to Mystic, CT with our '85 t2462. I thought everything was ready, but after I took it for a good test drive down the highway, 2 of the freshly packed wheel bearings had excessive play and 2 of the brakes didn't work. The other 2 magnets energized, but didn't have much pull. Also, with the hitch at the lowest setting, it was still riding nose high and I noticed a bit of sway. These old sunlines are pretty low to the ground, huh?
I ordered 4 new magnets (which should arrive this afternoon) and picked up all new bearings, races, and seals. The shoes and drums look good, so I'll just clean them up. Got a bigger drop hitch yesterday, so I'll have to get that set up correctly too. Scrambling this weekend to get it all buttoned up because I'm going to be working 13 hour days Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday getting all my lawns cut so I can leave Thursday afternoon when I finish up mowing. (I own a small landscaping business and mow 107 lawns myself)
This "free" camper is starting to cost a lot of money! It's a good thing I love it, otherwise it would have gone on Craigslist a while ago. Haha!
Anyways, wish me luck! My wife and kids are real excited to get away for a few days, so I can't let them down.