Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Work Camping
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-12-2016, 04:48 AM   #1

SUN #8826
Denie is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying 2000 Solaris

I'm looking at a 2000 or 2001 26 ft. Solaris. Wondering if there are any particular issues that I should be looking for before the purchase. The trailer looks to be in really good shape. I think I'm mostly concerned about any dry rot ...as my current trailer has some delamination and rot that caught me by surprise. Thanks for any tips that anyone can offer.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #2

SUN #6969
Bubbabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
I'm looking at a 2000 or 2001 26 ft. Solaris. Wondering if there are any particular issues that I should be looking for before the purchase. The trailer looks to be in really good shape. I think I'm mostly concerned about any dry rot ...as my current trailer has some delamination and rot that caught me by surprise. Thanks for any tips that anyone can offer.
Check for roof leaks, especially at the back corners. If it has closets across the back open up the doors and inspect the walls and check for musty smell. Push on the walls and ceiling for soft spots. Get up on a ladder and check roof for soft areas across the back. Push on the roof to see if it feels firm. It will give a little because of the bud board but should not feel like your hand could go through it. A Sunline can look perfect because the leaks don't usually show up until the damage is intense. If it is solid with no leaks you found a good one! Good Luck