Topic’s Subject: Fisherman’s Memorial State Park
Narragansett Rhode Island
Campground Name: Fisherman’s Memorial State Park
Campground Address: Route 108, 1011 Point Judith Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882
Campground Phone #: Fishermen's Memorial State Park - (401) 789-8374
Campground Web Site: http://www.riparks.com/fisherma.htm
Campground Visit / Stay Information:
Date(s) of Visit/Stay: 9/2006, 10/2007, 7/2008
Length of Visit/Stay: 1 week each
Area 1: Electric, Water, and Sewer (No Canvas) - 40 sites available
Residents- $20.00 per night
Non-Residents - $35.00 per night
Areas 2 & 4: Electric and Water - 107 sites available
Residents - $18.00 per night
Non-Residents - $25.00 per night
No Hook-ups (Canvas Only) - 35 Sites Available
Residents - $14.00 per night
Non-Residents - $20.00 per night
Visitors - $2.00 per car
Reservations are a must. http://rhodeislandstateparks.reserveamerica.com/
Level Sites (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): Yes -3
Wide/Open Sites (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): Yes -3
Restroom Cleanliness (1 low – 3 high): This year moderate -3
Store (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): None
Game Room (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): None
Pool (Yes/No; Heated/Not Heated; Clean, rating: 1 low – 3 high): None
Kid Friendly (Yes/No - Activities): Yes Playgrounds, Overlooks, Clamming.
People Friendly (Yes/No): Yes
WiFi Friendly (Yes/No; - Charge?/Service Provider?): None
Cell Phone Coverage (Yes/No - Service Provider?): Yes, ATT
Pet Friendly (Yes/No): Yes
Personal Comments: This is one of my Favorites.
• Bike ride away from 2 State Beaches
• Bike ride away from Block Island ferries
• Short trip to Newport and Mansions
• 10 Day non-residents claiming license $11. 1 Peck per day.
• Port of Galilee a bike ride away. Buy lobster off boats. Stay away from the shedders (about $6) Ask for the 1 ¾- 2# lobsters about $10 a piece.
• Great seafood everywhere, Iggy’s Dough Boys, Georges, Champlins, Aunt Carries, Charlie O’s and many more.