Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > North Eastern
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #1

SUN #83
Both2Retired
MA - Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins

Campground Information:
Campground Name: Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins
Campground Address: 176 Thomas B. Landers Road, East Falmouth, MA 02536
Campground Phone #: (50 548-1458 Off-season: 1-800-865-3829
Campground Web Site: www.CapeCampResort.com

Campground Visit / Stay Information:
Date(s) of Visit/Stay: May 28 – June 2, 2008
Length of Visit/Stay: 5 nights
Site # / Type (PT or BkIn) / Hook-Ups (WES or WE or E or None): BackIn/WES
Site Amenities (Picnic Table (PT); Paved/Gravel/Grass; Pad; Cable; etc): PT/Paved Pad/Gravel parking
Rate / night: $49/night
Extra Charges / night (Pets, Children, A/C, etc):
First Visit or Return Visit: First Visit
Your Rating (1 Low – 5 High): 5; We would go back there again

Campground Facilities Information:
Number & Type of Sites (PT / Back-In): 200 RV sites/30 Tent sites
Hook-Ups (# with WES / WE / E /None): I think all RV sites have WES
Credit Cards Accepted (VISA, MC, Disc, None): VISA/MC/AX
Discounts Accepted (Good Sam, KOA, other): None
Interior Roads (Paved/Gravel; Wide/Narrow; Good/Bad): Newly Paved
Level Sites (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): 2.8
Wide/Open Sites (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): 3
Restroom Cleanliness (1 low – 3 high): 3
Store (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): 2.5; a bit small and limited
Game Room (Yes/No; rating: 1 low – 3 high): Yes
Pool (Yes/No; Heated/Not Heated; Clean, rating: 1 low – 3 high): Hot tub; 2 pools - Heated; 3

Campground Impressions:
Kid Friendly (Yes/No - Activities): Yes; New playground
People Friendly (Yes/No): Yes
WiFi Friendly (Yes/No; - Charge?/Service Provider?): Very limited service area
Cell Phone Coverage (Yes/No - Service Provider?): Yes
Pet Friendly (Yes/No): Yes

Personal Comments: The owners, within the past 1 or 2 years, have invested nearly $3 million into upgrades of roads, sites, & recreational facilities. A few sites will be difficult to back into because of grade of pad. Friendly manager & staff.

5.7-Liter V8 Hemi
5-speed auto
Both2Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #2

SUN #824
jpspaz
I stayed at this place in 2007 never to return. It was a holiday weekend and traffic coming was bad so we didnt get there until 8:00 PM or so. The site we were promised was given to someone else and we were put at the end of a cul-de-sac. Had to back all the way down--strange. There were only two sites left in the whole park. The hookups were set up so that one connection fed two sites. The problem is that all trailers have connections on the left rear. Doesn't help much when the hook ups are on the right side (or should I say wrong side). I complained and was able to move over one site (the only other one remaining). About 30 minutes into set up, the next family arrived and was stuck with the site I just pulled off of. I felt for them as husband and wife bickered over how to park the trailer. They were forced to buy an extra water and sewer hose to reach the connections.

Other than that, the place was average. But I almost forgot...it was over run with caterpillars. They were destroying the trees and leaving droppings everywhere. After a day, your car and trailer were covered in little black pellets about the size of sea salt crystals. It was disgusting.

While I am complaining, why is it that some campgrounds will give you whatever site you desire as long as it is available while others "don't guarantee sites?" I even had a campground in NJ tell me that they don't give you the site number until you arrive, even though they know what it is. I was trying to stay near a friend and was told that the sites near him were "unavailable." I was surprised by this because of how early I had called. I tricked the staff when I called back and they told me those sites were reserved for large motorhomes, thus unavailable TO ME. My 27' trailer apparently didn't fit the criteria. You can imagine how happy I was when the site next to my friend was given to a pop up trailer while I was four rows away. I've never been back to that place either. The point is, if I request a certain site and it is not reserved, I should be able to get it and not worry that they are going to give it away to someone else after I have paid for it.