Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > North Eastern
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #1

SUN #8853
ggrvguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Camden Hills State Park

We spent the weekend camping at Camden Hills State park in Camden , Maine. Beautiful weather always helps and we had a great time. We couldn't get any of our favorite sites as they were pretty well booked up. The site we had was listed as suitable for up to 30', but my 17' camper was a good fit. It was not very level and I used all the leveling blocks I brought. We drove into town to check out the shopping and had lunch on the waterfront at Seadog Brewing. Everyone is enforcing the face mask rule in the shops and restaurants, but it's pretty hard to social distance in a crowded little town. Took a drive up to the top of Mt Battie as all the trails and auto road originate in the state park. Awesome views of the harbor and surrounding coastline from up there. We try to visit the area at least once a year, as there is a lot to do in the area. We don't usually spend all our time sitting around the campground, but exploring the local area when we camp. Special shout out to Red Barn restaurant in Augusta where we stopped for lunch on the way home. Every small business owner should stop in here and find the true meaning of customer service. They have an excellent reputation, not just in food, but community service and customer interaction. We make sure to patronize her business when we're in the area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200725_181512.jpg (88.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20200724_195819.jpg (111.2 KB, 5 views)

Old 07-27-2020, 07:56 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Good spot, we live in the Western Maine mountains but go "down east" for a change of scenery.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #3

SUN #8853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Good spot, we live in the Western Maine mountains but go "down east" for a change of scenery.
We like the coast area too. Is there any good campgrounds in your area we should try? We usually head over to the Conway area when we're in your neck of the woods.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #4

SUN #2097
Yes. Woodland Acres. It's about a mile from my house I know the owner and do electrical/mechanical work for him occasionally. Very will kept camp ground with a few sites right on the Saco river! Helpful staff and a pleasant camp store full size pool highly recommended. It's right off 113/5 that intersects with 302 in Fryeburg 20 mins to N. Conway. https://woodlandacres.com/
Old 07-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #5

SUN #12086
songsailor is an unknown quantity at this point
I am from mid-coast Maine and have spent much time in Camden! A beautiful location. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #6

SUN #8853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Yes. Woodland Acres. It's about a mile from my house I know the owner and do electrical/mechanical work for him occasionally. Very will kept camp ground with a few sites right on the Saco river! Helpful staff and a pleasant camp store full size pool highly recommended. It's right off 113/5 that intersects with 302 in Fryeburg 20 mins to N. Conway. https://woodlandacres.com/
Thanks, I'll look into that. I think we might of gone there once many moons ago.
Gary G
Old 07-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #7

SUN #2097
It has changed a lot with a new influx of money and unusually for the better!