Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Campground Reviews from a Sunline Owner's Perspective > Mid-Eastern
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #1

SUN #3325
hornady is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you name this O C campgrounds

About 15 years back the wife and I took the grandson to frontier town campgrounds in OC MD. As luck would have it a hurricane was moving up the coast. They turned us away, we found another campgrounds about 5 or 10 miles west of O C on the eastbound lane of route 50. At the time new owners had just taken over this park, you drove threw an over hang to get into the park. Old age and memory I can not think of the name of this park, as I remember it the prices were reasonable and the park was nice. Anyone have any idea of the name of this park.
thanks

Old 01-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the campground you are referring to is now called Fort Whaley and is owned by Frontiertown. Don't know if that is the name it was 15 years ago, since according tho the website they took it over in 1999, but it is still very much in existance.

Frontier Town: Ocean City, Maryland Camping

Mack

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #3

SUN #3325
hornady is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks looking at the web link of the park map this may be it. Planing a trip down this year and need to get reservations if we still can. We lived in Delaware for years and moved back to Pa, 10 years ago. Delaware has some Great State parks. But the wife wants to be a little closer to OC.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
We stayed there a year ago with DD and her family...the grandsons had a ball and the trip to OC was not as bad as I thought it would be.....had a very enjoyable time!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #5

SUN #8170
Chophead69 is an unknown quantity at this point
We are considering staying here this yr during bike week. We have been to O.c. md bike week for 1 3yrs and we where married there. This will be our 1st yr camping tho! Why? Because my wife loves the ocean and staying on the board walk. But now with our newest edition to our family...... our puggle Rocky!! We have found the cost of gas is worth bringing the camper and staying in a rv park.

Now last yr we saw for the 1st time ever people staying in the Walmart parking lot.... now this to us was a very big deal. Why? Because they had a no camping policy there.
I was at one of the events and I ran into the people staying there and he said the cops rode by once and said hi and left... I would just stay there but my wife doesnt want asphalt to sit on and no shade lol. Would definitely cut my cost to stay there....

But looking forward to finally staying at F.t. for the 1st time and the kids are excited as well.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #6

SUN #64
Make reservations ASAP.

Frontiertown was running about 18 months ahead.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:38 PM   #7

SUN #8170
Wow thanks for that info!!!I will calm tomorrow for sure. If worse comes to worse either we will find another camp ground or I will have to leave the doggie with mom in law and go. Hate to tho. But again thank you sir
Old 03-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #8

SUN #64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophead69 View Post
Wow thanks for that info!!!I will calm tomorrow for sure. If worse comes to worse either we will find another camp ground or I will have to leave the doggie with mom in law and go. Hate to tho. But again thank you sir
You might have more luck at Fort Whaley it is owned by Frontiertown, but is a little further out. Not a bad trip into OC from there though.

Might check with Treasure Beach in Fenwick also.

It's been a couple of years since we've been down there, things might have changed.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #9

SUN #246
Janalee
Assateague State Park allows animals...awesome experience for kids with roaming wild ponies! Yesthey have electric!
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #10

SUN #64
Assateague is wonderful, just be prepared for.......

The fighters (aka Mosquitoes) flying air cover for the heavy bombers (green headed horse flies)

Aired down my tires to go on the beach in June with my 4x4, had to slowly ride up to the first gas station off the Island, because when I stopped at the park air station, my tires were literally crawling with horse flies!!! No way I was putting my hands into that mess!!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:09 AM   #11

SUN #8170
We decided to spend easter in o.c. md this weekend. Sadly the sunny didn't make the trip. Why? Because my wife and kids wanted a swimming pool and hot tub. So we found a hotel that's pet friendly and the prices weren't to bad. Although they tried to charge me 74 bucks more then what my wife found online...?????

So we took a ride to Fort Whaley And they let use take a drive thru. They have a nice general store, doggie park!!,motorcycle friendly!!,bathrooms, game room and kids park. Plus they do hay rides. The kids loved it and while we were there my wife says... we should have just came with the camper??? They just happened to have a few spots left for bike week so I picked the one we liked and the cost for the week? 224 which is the cheapest it will ever cost me to stay at bike week lol. So 25bucks is all they needed to hold the spot for me,

While We Were Out We took a ride to Frontier Town. Wow! That place is really kool! The spots with the boat docks were my favorite and made me wished I owned a boat (one day soon! I almost have the wife convinced! ) there arcade /general store was huge and of course the kids wanted to do the water park but they are still closed. So it looks like we will be coming down again after memorial day just so the kids can go. Which is great because I always like finding a reason to be here. I really liked it alot but we already knew they didn't have camping for bike week so f.w. it was.
My wife felt it mite be to crowded since there are so many camp site at F.T. They have 3 times as many sites there compared to F.W. and I agree.
Plus F.W. will put us closer to the events I like going to since they aren't all in one spot like they used to be. And the mall will be closer which my wife likes lol.

And as with every trip to o.c.md we did drive to see the horse's! Since the weather was ok on Saturday they were out and about. Maybe one yr we will try camping there on the island. Also what's a trip to o.c. without a game of mini golf? So this time my daughter picked the pirate ship outdoor golf park. The boardwalk wasn't full of drunk teenagers or middleagers either so it was a good long walk there as well. With wawa in town breakfast was cheap and coffee is what I am use to. But soon it will be time to leave. But it was a great weekend !

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #12

SUN #64
Glad to hear you were able to find a spot!! The campgrounds book fast down there, especially during event weeks!

Old 03-27-2016, 12:52 PM   #13

SUN #8170
Yes they do lol. The lady at the fort whaley said people were booking out to 2017 for bike week. I am pretty sure we will to. As I said this is our 14th yr going.

And since we will be camping there at f.w. sometime this summer all of the water park and other activities are free at frontier town. The things we do for our kids. Lol.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:49 AM   #14

SUN #8347
RdgRnrZombie is an unknown quantity at this point
We went to FT this past October. Lots of fun Halloween events and decorations, and a REALLY great ropes course!!! I will say, this is a BUSY campground... not peaceful and quiet, but nice in all other features.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #15

SUN #8170
We stayed for bike week in September n even though we were told it was going to be packed it wasnt. It was actually very quiet and we had a great time. Definitely found a new place to stay.