Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Wanted
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #1

SUN #9763
Digmenow is an unknown quantity at this point
Wanted: Front folding table from a T-1950

Actually looking for the leaf or leaves, not sure of what was there when it was built, missing from our newly acquired T 1950. The PO claimed it was already missing when he bought it 3 years ago. YouTube videos of various 1950's show the same table as mine, also without a leaf so I'm wondering if it ever existed in the first place. Googling has yielded no information and a search of SOC was also negative.

Here are some pics of what it currently looks like.

Table set up with only the front and rear sections, pushed together.

Fully extended showing a 24" gap where the leaf/s would go.

Closeup of (cruddy food encrusted ) hardware on which the leaf/s rested.

Ideally, I'd just like to obtain the missing part/s but I'd take the whole table if that seals the deal.

Alternatively, I have a contact with a woodworker who has recreated some oak cabinetry for me in the past and if I am unsuccessful in locating a leaf, I might be able to commission him to recreate one.

Regardless, any info on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2004 Solaris 280SR
Previously: 2003 Solaris Lite T-1950
"The Land of Pleasant Living!"
Digmenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
We had that same type of table in our 2004 T-2499. And it did have a leaf in the T2499. However we sold that camper back in 2010.

But... we do have a 2004 T1950 project camper. It is sort of in pieces right now, but I will see if I can find a leaf for it in the camper.

One for sure can be made for it. Matching the Formica pattern on top might be an issue or the resurface all 3 parts depending on how much you want to spend in getting an exact match.

I report back on Tuesday if I can find a leaf in our T-1950 and what it looks like.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:33 AM   #3

SUN #9763
Thanks, John. If you DO have one, detailed pics would be appreciated as they would assist the cabinet maker if I have to go that route. I'm a 'function over form' kind of guy so a mismatched top (maybe with a built in chess/checkerboard!) would not be a big concern for me.

There doesn't appear to be any type of attachment points but I can't imagine that it just lays there on the rails and the side pegs.

That would seem to be dangerously unstable.

2004 Solaris 280SR
Old 09-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Dig,

Sorry this took almost forever... got tied up and well, had a senior moment and forgot...

I started searching my past T-2499 pictures as I sold that camper but to my surprise, my 2004 T-1950 actually has the leaf. It is stored in the upper wardrobe cabinet to the left of the fridge. There is a snap clip on a vinyl strap holding it in and 2 tab boards at the base. See if your's has one or at least the strap/lower locking tabs which means it had one but someone took it out. If they built shelves in there, then they would of took it out and the holder.

Here are the pics.

Top view

Bottom view. You can see the male part of the metal snap on the right side.

The interlocking tabs. These steel tabs are offset and match up with the ones on the table. When the ends of the table are pushed together with the leaf, the table top as a whole is locked from moving left to right. The entire table top will move, but not the leaf in the middle.

Here is an end view showing the make up of the profile. 3/4" trim board with 1/8" luan top and bottom and a Formica top. This is just like your main table. The center is hollow, again like your main table. This saves weight.

Here is the running length of the leaf. 17" long

And the width which should match your table. 25 1/4 overall

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #5

SUN #9721
CapsFan is an unknown quantity at this point
The last owner of my Sunline didn't know about the leaf being in the closet until a couple of weeks before he sold it to us. He had it for Six years.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #6

SUN #9763
Yep, I was wondering what that vinyl strap was for and I noticed the wooden tab in the bottom of the wardrobe. I'm waiting until after I put the camper away for the winter before I get into reconstructing the missing leaf. I am holding out hope that someone <koff koff> will decide to scrap theirs in favor of one of those fancy folding freestanding dinette tables and send the old one to me.

2004 Solaris 280SR