Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Wanted
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #1

SUN #3217
jxmorale is an unknown quantity at this point
Want-any brand of used 13' tt, that is >1400 lbs.

Hello, I'm retired, and me and my mini schnauzer dog, named "Hot Rod", are looking to buy asap in 2012, a used, inexpensive, older, small (approx. 13' or so) travel trailer (NO popups), to pull with my older Toyota Corolla auto. I can tow up to a 1400 lbs. trailer with my auto. The travel trailer does not have to be in great shape, nor does it have to have a shower nor lots of amenities, and some missing items and/or damage is acceptable. But it must not have severe water or structural damage to the roof, sides, etc. Hopefully I can find one within a few hundred miles of Columbus, Ohio. "Hot Rod" and I hope to see and greet you at some camp grounds in the future, sincerely, John. 614 638-2126, jm4541@wowway.com

Old 12-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a look at a Scamp they are a bit pricey even used though. They are small nicely made full fiberglass campers.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #3

SUN #3217
Mainah, good suggestion. I'm glad to consider them, along with Casita's, Burro's, and others similar to the Scamps, as a 13' travel trailer that would meet my needs. Even if they were manufactured in the '80's or later, I would certainly consider any of the used fiberglass units along with any of the used canned hams as inexpensive travel/camper trailers for my upcoming purchase. Thanks again, John.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #4

SUN #2097
Another thought if your Toyota is an automatic it would be a good ideal to add a transmission cooler if you are going to tow any thing.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #5

SUN #3217
Mainah, another good suggestion. You must be one of the knowledgeable gurus of travel trailers. Find me a travel trailer, like the one I'm looking for in my original posting and you will have that title from me from now on. Thanks, John.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #6

SUN #2097
Have you had a look at t@b (just google t@b) trailers? I have seen some pretty nice ones one had a galley in the back the the hatch served as a roof in wet weather. I like you was looking for a small one but two Great Danes and a wife sort of put an end to the ideal admittedly I do like the shower/toilet and the room in a larger trailer but I all ready have some thing big enough to haul it.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #7

SUN #3217
I had never heard of T@B Trailers but it is certainly another small travel trailer that I'd pursue if I could find an inexpensive used one a few hundred miles from me. Thanks for suggesting it Mainah.