Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Wanted
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-25-2022, 07:20 AM   #1

SUN #13303
dsteusloff is an unknown quantity at this point
T1700

looking for a door for a 1999 T1700

Old 12-25-2022, 09:44 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi, and welcome!

Your 1999 camper, is it a Saturn? Which I "think" has square corner doors. The Solaris had rounded top-corner doors in 99.

I do not know what year Sunline went from the wood-framed doors to the all-aluminum frame with fiberglass panels inside and outside. Is yours one with rotted-out wood? Or is it a metal extruded aluminum framed door with a smooth outside fiberglass panel and a pebbled plastic inside panel?

The reason for asking is the older wood-framed doors can be rebuilt. Many of our forum members have rebuilt them, and we have a few posts with pics of the process.

If you have the metal framed door, what happened to it? Pending the issues, it might be fixable or not. Pics of what you have really help if you can post some. And if you need help posting, just ask.

They still do sell some new square corner top doors. They are costly, but they are sold.

Lippert is one brand that still makes square corner doors. They may offer the polar white in place of the off-white; you would have to call them direct. https://store.lci1.com/right-hinge-r...-sq-entry-door

I have bought cargo doors, and windows direct from Lippert direct with a positive outcome. They build them to order. There are also aftermarket sellers of their products, like this on Amazon, I never bought from them, just found it on a fast web hit.
https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo...00S2IDQQ2?th=1

I can suggest more options/brands for doors that are new, but it helps to know what your needs are and what yours looks like. When looking for entry doors, the door size goes by the roughing opening in the camper wall, not the swinging door part. You would get the new door and the frame. Round corner tops or square corner, which side has the hinge, screen door and if it has a window are also need when looking for a door.

There are some RV surplus places that sell new overstock doors at lots less even with the freight cost. Most are round corner tops but some are still square. Ebay also has some offered.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 05:38 AM   #3

SUN #13303
dsteusloff is an unknown quantity at this point
1990 t1700

this is my door its sprung
Attached Images
File Type: jpg door.jpg (100.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-26-2022, 05:49 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

H'mm, OK, I see that the door itself "looks" to be sprung or out of square with the door frame in the camper wall.

It looks like what I have seen this issue before, and it is not the physical door that had the problem.

Try this, and it will confirm if your door is square or if the door frame in the wall is out of square.

If you have a 24" carpenter or rafter square, with the door open, hold the square on the corners of the door. Across 24" an out-of-the-square door should jump out and scream the door is sagging. Granted, for the age, it might be 1/16" or maybe even 1/8" out of square in 24", but not the amount you show in your pic.

This is a 24" rafter square in case you do not know by the wording what
I am referring to. The only difference between a 24" rafter square and a 24" carpenter square is the rafter table of numbers in the middle.

If you do not have a 24" square, You can use a smaller one, too if that is all you have, then you can use a tape measure and measure diagonally across the corners of the open door. From the top right to the bottom left, measured diagonally and read the number. Then top left diagonal down to the bottom right and read the number. If the door is square, the numbers should be the same. If they are off 1/16", well, OK., but you are looking for something close to 1/2" out to match up with your pic

If you find the door is way out of the square, you can lift it on the bottom non-hinged corner with the door open (outside left side facing the camper door) and see if you can turn the door back into the square. The extruded aluminum framed doors are rigid and do not bend much. The older wooden framed ones fall out of a square from wood rot.

If your door comes out square or darn close to it with no lifting to make it square, then the camper wall has shifted out of square, and the door frame becomes out of square, which then looks just like your pic.

Have a look and see what you find, and report back. I want to avoid jumping into what can be wrong with the camper to make the door frame out of square until we know if it is the drop frame or the actual door itself. Out-of-square door frames in the camper wall have happened before, this is not a new problem.

I hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote