Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Wanted
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

SUN #5892
Richard Owl is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline slide-in camper needs parts

Hello, I am new to the forum. I just registered and this is my first post. I uploaded a picture of the camper. I don't know the year, model or could I find a VIN number.
The crank open roof sunlight window in the center of the camper needs replacing. I also think the door needs either repair or replacement as it must be shifted in to place to close.
Oh, the outside roof lights need replacing, both bulbs & the covers.
I haven't had time to check out if the stove, refridgerator or toilet/sink work as I just got it yesterday (Nov. 3 2013)
I am sure I'll be spending a lot of time on this site as well as $$$ fixing this camper up.
It appears solid. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the camper is sitting a bit high as you can see. The previous owner put a spacer along the bottom as his truck bed was deeper. I plan on removing it so the camper will sit where it is suppose to be. I bought it off craigslist for $400 and had to drive 230 miles one-way to get it. Time was short so I told the man he didn't need to remove the spacer. He spent about 2 hours securing it to my truck as it was. Would have been much longer if he removed the spacer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camper.jpg (16.8 KB, 11 views)

Old 11-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #2

SUN #5892
I finally found out this camper is a Sunline 1980 7.5' MR/mini-runabout
If anyone has parts for this camper, regardless of what they may be, please contact me. One never knows if I will need to replace anything and having parts on hand would be better than searching for them after it fails or breaks.
I am interested in anything which is directly associated with this model.
Thank you in advance,
Richard

Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Richard,

Parts... there is not a one stop "source" that is going to supply any and all parts for your camper. That said, there are lots of parts places unique to certain parts.

For example, the appliances, you find the make/model, pending what it is, common parts are sold by many. If you find an uncommon part that takes some more digging, first is to search out the part number from an exploded view diagram for your model on the web, then hunt for that part number.

One such place is PPL in TX who has this exploded view section on most all appliances. You can follow the directions to drill down into what appliance you are after. They call it, the Online Catalog.
RV Furnace Repair Parts Online Catalog - PPL Motor Homes

PPL in this case is a parts dealer to buys from RV Dealership in the Elkhart IN area. Look in the pull down under "category" and then drill down into what you area after. You are actually ordering from RVDealership but PPL gets the credit/commission.

Here is their normal general parts links where they stock or have connections with wholesalers and drop ship to you.
RV Parts and Accessories for Sale - PPL Motor Homes

I have bought from both PPL direct and through the RVDealership net work and had positive experiences on both. Again once you have the mfr part number, a web search turns up that part in many other online dealers. There are also parts lists on the manufactures products sheets, like Atwood, Dometic etc.

Other parts, like RV hardware, hinges, door knobs, roof vents, roof caulk, directional lights etc. are made by many companies and aftermarket companies. We have even found places that even make RV siding if you want it.

The "hunt" sometimes gets harder & more involved pending what you are after, however we have often found most everything on-line. Sometimes the hardest part is what the item is called..... to get a good hit on the part. And sometimes on the older campers, some things are obsoleted and you end up upgrading to what is available. Like power converters is a good example and common in obsoleted parts as the old ones where not even good battery chargers even and a new one is so much better.

If you come up dry and can't find something, make a post asking for help and give us specifics on what you are after and pics help here too. We help members all the time with the same quest you made about your post. And each time we help someone, the entire group of us just learned new options never known before. The age of selling RV parts on line continues to grow leaps and bounds every year.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #4

SUN #5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Hi Richard,

Parts... there is not a one stop "source" that is going to supply any and all parts for your camper. That said, there are lots of parts places unique to certain parts.
" ... "
Hope this helps

John
Thanks John,
I guess I was going on the premise of:
"Better to have them & not need them than to need them & not have them."

I don't have any specific parts in mind beyond the Air vent window, running lights along the top of camper and perhaps restoring the decals.
Most are OK except for weathering & fading. The one on the front is worn and faded to the point where it can barely be read.

I'll keep in mind, ONLY ask for specific parts if/when I come across the need.
Thanks again for the links and advice.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #5

SUN #5892
Hello everyone, it's been some time since I posted here. I am finally getting around to working on my Sunline 1980 7.5' MR/mini-runabout.
Since I live in a very desolate area where it takes a 150 mile round trip just to get to a Walmart, I need to purchase most everything online. I am still unsure where I can buy the center roof vent. The cut-out opening in the roof measures 13 1/2 x 13 1/2.
Online, all I see are either 13" or 14" ! Can somebody explain which size I should buy?
I don't know if the inner dimensions take in to consideration excess space so, if I buy a 13" I might need spacers & if I buy a 14" I may have to do some cutting.
I've never worked on a camper, in fact this is the first one I ever owned so I'm kinda in the dark. Anybody have advice for me? I don't want to invest a lot of money, like Walnut trim etc... just enough to get this camper ready for hunting season. Most everything else is in working order, just this center crank vent is broken & made from old brittle plastic. Anything anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
If there is any of the old vent left, please post some pictures. I replaced the vent in my old Prowler and just matched what I had, to what I bought. There are a few different kinds. Luckily, my local camping world had at least one of each. Are you replacing the whole thing, or just the plastic vent cover?

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #7

SUN #5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
If there is any of the old vent left, please post some pictures. I replaced the vent in my old Prowler and just matched what I had, to what I bought. There are a few different kinds. Luckily, my local camping world had at least one of each. Are you replacing the whole thing, or just the plastic vent cover?
I haven't removed it completely yet. I imagine I should replace the entire unit. That way I know all the pieces fit together correctly.
It is just a simple white plastic flange on the outside & a screen with a handcrank to open the upper portion. That piece is also cracked/broken.
It's quite possible the internal workings are just fine as it was easy to turn & open. Maybe all I need is the vent cap on the outside & the trim on the inside? A friend who has worked on campers said he was driving to Billings, MT today & he would go to an RV place to see if they might have what I need. It's 7pm & I'm still waiting to hear back from him.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Ok..

Since they are all basically the same, except for the hinge, that's what you need to match up..

Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
If you go to campingworld.com you can do a search for the term vent lid and see all the different styles...

Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #10

SUN #5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
Ok..

Since they are all basically the same, except for the hinge, that's what you need to match up..
Thanks EMD_Driver, see that's the type of info I need. I wouldn't have thought to match up the hinge.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #11

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a regular roof vent and not the slightly larger roof escape hatch over the front bunk, right?
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #12

SUN #5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
This is a regular roof vent and not the slightly larger roof escape hatch over the front bunk, right?
Sorry for the delay. YES, it is simply the crank open screen window in the center of the roof. Measurements of the cut-out in the roof is 13 1/2" x 13 1/2".
When I tried to remove it, the plastic just crumbled in to pieces.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #13

SUN #6645
grecom1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Richard,

Looks like we may have similar model TCs. I also recently purchased and plan on fixing it up some. I have the same issue, but with the front escape hatch. I recently posted my question in a separate forum. Sorry I couldn't provide any info.

(I lived in Bozeman for awhile)

Tags
door, lights, roof, slide-in camper, window