Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Wanted
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #1

SUN #11873
Cabear80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for Sunline T-2990 entry door

Just like the title says I’m looking for a Sunline T-2990 entry door. Even if you don’t have one any information on where I could get a used one or even if there’s a universal replacement I can purchase new I welcome that information as well. At the moment I can’t even come up with the dimensions of the doors because my camper is up at the site and I’m home plus I’d have to take the door off to get an accurate measurement then put it back on and then take it back off again to replace it so even if someone has those that would be great! Thank you

Old 04-28-2020, 09:44 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

What year is your camper? and does the door have rounded top corners or square?

The entry doors changed over the years so it helps to know what you have. A picture posted is even better.

They do make new camper doors and when we know which one you need, we can help provide better names of some places. RV Surplus places also has them.

If you still have the entire old door, just the door is all rotted out, many have taken the door apart, rebuilt the bad wood and put it back together. And if you try to fix the door and it does not seem to want to work for you, then you can buy a new one.

RV doors do cost a fair amount plus the freight, which is why many folks just rebuild the old ones for a lot less. But, give us some more info, we can link some doors that may fit and then you decide, buy or try and repair.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:38 PM   #3

SUN #11873
Hello and thank you for responding. It’s a 1995 Sunline camper model T-2990. I do have the whole door it’s on there with the screen which is in good shape the frame on the outside at the bottom of the door however is bent up pretty good and the original window is there but it was covered over with some type of vinyl or plastic sheet. I’m including a pic so you can see the door. The damage was more inside when I got it than on the outside but since then the outside has become damaged. I have thought about rebuilding it but it would be basically all new materials as the only thing good on it would probably be the window and the new lock I put on it. My concern is it being the best fit with a rebuild as opposed to just getting the one that belongs there. So really I’m interested in both ideas I did some looking and I do see most are in the $400-$600 range which is a lot compared to the cost of rebuilding. Any info and help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0196B142-AFF3-4674-AEE4-319209BFBBD1.jpg (40.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #4

SUN #89
Hi,

I can see from your pic, someone attempted a partial rebuild and not a very good one at that. Below are some places to buy new if you go that route. Rebuilding what you have most likely will be cheaper.

Here are some links from places I have bought from that sell new door units. There are more places out there, just I have not bought from them to know their service.

If you buy one, you will get the entire outer frame and all with it. If you remove the trim inside, you can measure the actual opening in the camper. I suggest you call them to confirm the new door unit will fit in the rough opening. The actual outer door frame will be slightly smaller than the rough opening. I am not totally sure the door sizes they list is the actual door itself or the rough opening dimensions. I have bought many camper items, just not an entry door yet.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/search...are+entry+door

https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Entry-Door-Replacement

Lippert Components makes them too. And it may be cheaper to buy direct from them. If you go with this brand, call them and get a quote and the freight.

This catalog lists them on page 56, square corner entry doors. It is a 50 meg PDF file, but it lists all the standard sizes and they will make you custom sizes.
https://images.camperid.com/lippert-...19-catalog.pdf

Lippert Customer service number is here. https://support.lci1.com/contact

I bought a new cargo door from them last year that I knew they made, but did not have on their online store. They had no issues selling to me, just I had to do a call in order verses a web order.

Amazon sells the LCI door, I do not know if this is your size, they have other sizes listed https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo...omotive&sr=1-1

And so does Tweety’ https://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find...er+entry+doors

There are also the RV surplus places in Elkhart. They sell brand new items that are over stocks or phase outs from the local RV manufactures. I have been to, and bought from all 3 of these places. You can often get these types of things lots cheaper than retail new. But shop around, sometimes they charge almost full price. It all depends on the item. Get your size and call them. You can build entire camper from what they have. Only a fraction of the items are listed on their web sites.

https://www.johnsonssurplus.com/

http://bontragers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Johnsons-Di...1987807840222/

Ebay also sometimes has them. Search under " Square corner RV entry door "

Hope this helps

John

Old 05-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #5

SUN #11873
Thank you for the info I appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:56 AM   #6

SUN #11873
Solution

So just an update... I was able to find a door after a ton searching and price checking and got one off of EBay and it was delivered today! Cost me $563 for the door with taxes and shipping. It came from Lippert my suggestion would be to try and use eBay as the shipping was much cheaper there than on the Lippert site or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #7

SUN #89
Glad you found one. Thanks for reporting back. Ebay does have some good deals sometimes. Just need to know exactly what you need. Glad it all worked out.

Tags
entry door, parts for sale, sunline, t-2990