Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > For Sale Forums > Sunlines For Sale
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #1

SUN #675
Nightlites13
1992 Sunline T-2470 for sale soon

Sadly,
we will be saying goodbye to our Sunline. Has been great and 30 years old this year. Posting on here and pictures soon but wondering how I should post it. Looking for some advice.

On one hand if you wanted to take it somewhere and leave it there it could still have a lot of life. On the other it has structural water damage and would not advise too many more trips without a significant repair. Currently believe I have the leak stopped.

Or should I try to sell it for parts? Stove, Microwave, A/C, Furnace, toilet all work great. Full Dexter axle replaced in the last 8 years with upgraded shackles. Awning still works but needs the awning material replaced. Nearly every light fixture replaced with LED.

This is in CT. Thanks for any feedback.

Old 06-09-2022, 08:02 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I'll pass along some that may help that I have seen other club members do when selling a camper with known water damage.

First off, I would leave the try and sell it for parts as a last resort. Pending the buyer you find, they may be looking for a complete intact used camper that they can fix up to make it more their own. Some may want it for a hunting camp, others want to fix it up and tow it etc.

First and foremost, be honest about the water damage. The buyer will be glad you mentioned this verses trying to stick them with it. The selling cost will need to be in line with the camper age and condition and then the water damage.

A new buyer will need a clean title of the camper passed to them. Not sure how they sell campers in CT, but if the new owner is out of state, they may need a notarized title and bill of sale to be able to register in their state. This all starts with you having the title all clear to start with and the camper VIN matches the title. There have been innocent errors found during the for sale time that killed the deal as the VIN was goofed the day the prior owner titled years ago. Point, check the VIN.

I myself have bought 4 wet campers, all from club members. Yes, I'm a collector and I restore them. And at this moment, I'm not looking for another one just yet...

Suggest you post many pics of the inside and outside. And an asking price you feel is appropriate. Tell member to PM you through our forum site so no personal email or phone numbers are posted on the open web. You can exchange the personal info during the PM process, private to only the two of you.

Good luck with your sale.

Hope this helps,

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
If you need help posting pics, here are the basics.

There are 3 ways to add pics.

1. Upload pics to a specific post attaching them at the end of the post.

2. Linking them in from a public viewable web photo hosting service you have.

See here for 1 and 2 https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...html#post86041

3. You can upload pics to the forum in your own personal photo album. Then link them to anywhere in the text of a post. See here on how to create an album. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...html#post87945

If you still get stuck, let us know. Pic's go a long way in showing what you have to offer.

Consider making a new for sale post when the time comes.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:57 AM   #4

SUN #675
Nightlites13
Hi John,
Thank you as always.
Here is a link to some pictures I uploaded.
https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/m...albums876.html