Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #1

SUN #629
Spiker
Thanks for the help to the Newbie!!

We have never owned or even used a travel trailer so when we started to look for one and fell in love with a 1994 T2160 this site was a godsend. As it turns out someone before us had looked at the same unit at the dealer and posted to this site. All the helpful feedback that was given prompted the buyer to decline the purchase since the dealer refused to lower the price. I feel bad for him but am thrilled we got her. Armed with all the knowledge you gave I was able to get the dealer down in price and also to add several items onto the sale. We love it!

I have learned so much from everyones posts I feel like I have already met many of you. You not only helped with the trailer choice but also to determine if our Ford F150 could do the job.

The trailer we got is wonderful. Someone on a prior post about her said it should be almost factory new. Well she just about is. We've taken her out twice and absolutely everything works and is in mint condition. I was able to locate the prior owner and I sent them a thank-you for taking such wonderful care of her. It is abvious to me that we made the right choice with a Sunline.

One thing I can not figure out though is how on earth to determine if the holding tanks are full or almost full since we do not have a monitor to tell us.

Thanks again to all!!

Old 06-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #2

SUN #256
Bobo
Spiker,

For the black water tank (toilet), look down the toilet while holding the flush mode open. It's a straight drop into the tank.

For the gray water (shower, sink), the shower drain is the low point opening in the system. When the water comes up through the drain, it's full.

There are smarter people on this site that probably have better ways of checking and I am sure that they will chime in with their ideas. Welcome the the Sunline lifestyle. You will find that it will be the best investment for having great family time.

Bobo

2001 Coleman Utah
2006 Sunline T-2499
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote