Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #1

SUN #12037
Tviolett is an unknown quantity at this point
So glad to have found this site!

Hi,

My name is Tom. I live in NJ and unfortunately don't get to take my 13' Sunline on the road much but we do get nice use out of it in the backyard. During this COVID crises I'm using it as an office and my daughter uses it as a private area to hang out virtually with friends. My brother gave me my trailer for my birthday. He had purchased it but ended up getting something bigger. The trailer is in very good shape except that a tree branch had fallen on it and dented the roof. I attempted different patching materials but it still seems to leak a little bit over one on the bench seats. I fix this by keeping it tilted out of level. However, I'm afraid this is effecting the efficiency of the fridge as it only works intermittengly. Any tips besides making it level?

Old 06-29-2020, 04:25 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Tom,

Fist off, welcome to the club and congrats on your Sunny!

Do you know the year and model of your camper? Since you mentioned the " the tree branch dented the roof" this sounds like an older Sunny with a metal roof. They are great campers as any year Sunny is!

We can help on how to stop your leak, but we need more info on what you did and what it looks like now. Or before if you happen to have any pics of the damage when you found it. Please consider creating a new post in the Repairs and Maintenance forum with some background, the model and year of the camper if you know it and the pictures.

You said you tilted the camper off level to help the leak and you are running the fridge and the fridge in not working right. This is a learning process and we are here to help you. The RV fridge, especially the older ones, must be level when they are turned on. The liquid in the pipes has to flow correctly or it will burn the liquid and create clogs in the system from charred fluid not moving. This fluid damage is irreversible short of a cooling coil rebuild. You may have just lucked out and the damage is not that bad yet, but you should stop using it that way ASAP. The fridge has to be level if you are going to run it. There is no issue being off level if the fridge is not turned on.

Suggest you turn the fridge off for now and let us help you fix the leak, then level the camper back up and turn on the fridge.

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing and hearing about your Sunline adventures.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote